What was your first record / cassette / CD?

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Gifted:


Running With Scissors by "Weird Al" Yankovic

Paid for with own allowance:


In Time: The Best Of R.E.M. 1988-2003 by R.E.M.
  • Quote
First heard

Casette:


Rubber Soul by The Beatles

Vinyl:


Tapestry by Carole King

CD:

Can't find the specific Sesame street CD

First owned:

Casette:


Tarzan by Phil Collins

Vinyl:


London Town by Paul McCartney & Wings

CD:

I got these both at once


Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles


Imagine by John Lennon
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Very odd choices benpaco ๐Ÿค”
  • Quote
Kidz Bop probably ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
Pipe Dreams is a virus...
  • Quote
CDs:
The Beatles - 1962-66, and 1967-70

Cassettes:
Led Zeppelin III and IV

Vinyl:
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick
  • Quote
My 1st album at all I believe was the 1st Greatest Hits album from the country band Alabama which was on tape. My first album on CD was both Long Stretch Of Lonesome from country singer Patty Loveless and I've Got That Old Feeling from bluegrass singer Alison Krauss. They were both birthday presents when I hit 16 in 1998. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

God bless you and Alabama and Patty and Alison always!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Holly (a fan of Alison for 20 years now)

P.S. My first record I want to say was the soundtrack to the Sesame Street film named Follow That Bird if you want to go ahead and count that even though I was just a little kid when it was given to me. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
My first cassette was Runaway Horses by Belinda Carlisle in the summer of 1990.

My first CD was White Light White Heat by The Velvet Underground, which I bought in France in 1996, not even having a CD player yet at that point.

My first own LP was John Peel Sessions by Joy Division, bought in Bishop Auckland, UK, 1996.
_________________
Always shouts out something obscene


Last edited by Grzywa on 08/25/2014 06:02; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
jlsfourth wrote:
Oh now I see... sorry for starting so many new threads - new to the site. Thanks!



It's perfectly fine to start new threads.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Your first album and the first one yo... The Mubla Music
[ Poll ] A cassette with the same 2 tracks on ... II Suggestions
Cassette Only Albums Tha1ChiefRocka Music
What was the first record you bought? chavaloricardin Music
Artists Whose Debut Record Is Their B... Komorebi-D Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.