This is Talking Heads without David Byrne. In other words, this is Tom Tom Club with Jerry Harrison on guitar.
Ugh. :|
1 Tom Tom Club wasn't bad
2 I'm of the camp that Partridge, Gano, and Napolitano (and maybe even Hutchence) are better vocalists than Byrne. And I love Byrne, but those are some of the best ever
3 Stylistically this is fairly different than Tom Tom Club. That's like assuming Love and Rockets and Bauhaus sound the same, or Skrillex and From First To Last for a more extreme example. But this is all over stylistically, frankly the closing track sounds more like a Leonard Cohen song than Tom Tom Club or Talking Heads.
4 Is this better than Talking Heads? No, I won't pretend that for a second. Is it an interesting listen? Yeah. And it sounds like you're not even willing to give it a chance.
5 Are we just going to ignore the fact that Weymouth only sings on one track? This is really a variety of famous lead singers who wrote their own songs to write backed by Talking Heads ... _________________
Specifically, in order to make the outcome a bit less predictable, I'm excluding anything that's in the BEA forum regulars' top 150 (link). That means the following albums are off the table:
Just an idea, but how about also excluding albums from the recently completed 1500+ tourney. I'm specifically thinking about...
duh! One of my faves from the 1500+ tourney (or any tourney)
Both are awesome albums, but we've already discussed both fairly recently. I'm cool either way since they deserve exposure, and perhaps there are some new peeps who didn't get a chance to hear them in the 1500+ tourney.
Last edited by RepoMan on 10/03/2014 05:53; edited 3 times in total
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum