[SWAP ONLY] Nomination thread for 1996 tournament

Goto page Previous  123, 45 ... 181920  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Tortoise, Labradford, and Dirty Three would've been my picks, but...


Remnants Of A Deeper Purity by Black Tape For A Blue Girl


Marshmallows by The For Carnation


11/6 12/10 by Tarwater


Last edited by Kool Keith Sweat on 10/03/2014 11:30; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
What are your top 5 (in order) just out of curiosity?


But if you want to know which one I think you'll absolutely love, it's this:


Paradise Don't Come Cheap by New Kingdom

Slow, sludgey, claustrophobic, fuzzy, drugged-out funk beats with growled raps full of bizarre non-sequiturs, as likely to appeal to alt. rock fans as it will to hip-hop heads. Would make my Top 25 hip-hop albums of the year, and I imagine it will be right up your alley.

THIS IS NOT A NOMINATION.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Just gonna nom one so we get an even 64:


Regretfully Yours by Superdrag

I think we only have room for 3 more noms, but I'll compile and count when I get back from dropping off my son at daycare.
  • Quote

It Was Written by Nas

Muddy Waters by Redman

Illadelph Halflife by The Roots
If any of these were nominated let me know
  • Quote

Karate by Karate


68% Pure Imagination by Baby Lemonade


Temporal Analogues Of Paradise by Jonas Hellborg
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote

Dopesick by Eyehategod


Everything Must Go by Manic Street Preachers


Beautiful Freak by Eels
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
On the off chance there's any spaces left:


Biokinetics by Porter Ricks
  • Quote
Ok, so it looks like we filled up with WindowAbove's noms, so NickVolos, Rocky, and yourself are out of luck (for now). It seems I underestimated the interest in this tournament, so one thing I will do is leave this thread open for a few days for swapping. BEA being the friendly community that it is, hopefully some of our current nominators will be so gracious as to withdraw one or more of their picks so that other users can squeeze in. Bear in mind that the main goal here is to discover new music, not have your pick win the tournament. I'll only be listing the nominator in the first-round matches.

Go ahead and do your swaps here and I'll update the lead post as necessary.
  • Quote
I don't care so much about the other two noms, but I'd love for Dopesick to get in, so if someone would swap that'd be coooooooool and we'd be fraaaaaaands
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
I don't care so much about the other two noms, but I'd love for Dopesick to get in, so if someone would swap that'd be coooooooool and we'd be fraaaaaaands


Never heard that album, but if sp4 can withdraw my sublime submission, you can squeeze that in.
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 45 ... 181920  Next
Page 4 of 20


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
Best City Tournament - nomination thread Skinny Tournaments
The Nomination Booth: Harkan's Austra... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Apple Music Playlist Swap Meet rkm Music
[ Poll ] BEA Vinyl Swap Shop / Your Own Top 10... Jimmy Dread Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.