BEA Vinyl Swap Shop / Your Own Top 100 on Vinyl

Goto page Previous  123, 4 ... 262728  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: How many of your Top 100 do you own on vinyl?
None:
12%
 12%  [13]
1-5:
10%
 10%  [11]
6-10:
9%
 9%  [10]
11-20:
21%
 21%  [23]
21-50:
23%
 23%  [25]
51-99:
9%
 9%  [10]
The Whole Bloody Lot!:
0%
 0%  [1]
Vinyl? I'd rather listen to a heavily compressed mp3, thanks.:
13%
 13%  [14]
Total Votes : 107

  • Quote
samistake2ice wrote:
CDs these days are primarily just digital download cards from which people rip music to their computer anyway. Every thing you can get from CD you can get from itunes.


Same goes for a lot of recent vinyl tbh. The music's engraved from digital sources.
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
4. Cross Paths by The Motifs


๐Ÿ˜
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Same goes for a lot of recent vinyl tbh. The music's engraved from digital sources.


Norm is right - some of these '180grm audiophile' represses are not all they're cracked up to be, bearing in mind they were taken from a digital master copy. There's a certain romance in owning vinyl, but if it's sound quality you're after then vinyl isn't always the answer...

...that being said, it looks a lot prettier on my shelf than a hard drive.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
I currently own 25% of my overall in vinyl. Back in the pre-CD era (prior to mid 80's for me), I used to buy vinyl by the load. ๐Ÿคฃ Now, getting back to it slowly mainly because of the ridiculous prices, i.e. 20+ euro for new releases...

Overall chart entries currently owned in vinyl:

1. Love/Forever Changes
2. Pink Floyd/The Dark Side Of The Moon
3. Radiohead/In Rainbows
4. Soft Machine/Third
5. Nektar/Remember The Future
6. Arcade Fire/Funeral
7. Gene Clark/No Other
8. Wilco/Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
9. David Bowie/The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
10. The Moody Blues/Days Of Future Passed
11. The Smiths/The Queen Is Dead
12. The Gun Club/Miami
13. Frank Zappa/Hot Rats
14. The Beatles/Abbey Road
15. Jefferson Airplane/Surrealistic Pillow
16. Talking Heads/Remain In Light
17. The Rolling Stones/Exile On Main St.
18. Marvin Gaye/What's Going On
19. Echo & The Bunnymen/Ocean Rain
20. Joy Division/Unknown Pleasures
21. King Crimson/In The Court Of The Crimson King
22. The Doors/The Doors
23. The Velvet Underground/The Velvet Underground And Nico
24. The Jimi Hendrix Experience/Are You Experienced
25. Plan 9/Dealing With The Dead

edit: Had to currently sort through my "junk" and these are the ones I put aside (so far - work in process....) as my favorites:

Favorite Rock LPs Collection, Pt. 1
Favorite Rock LPs Collection, Pt. 2
Favorite Rock LPs Collection, Pt. 3
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
Only 12 from my top 100. I do buy a bit of vinyl, mostly in charity shops and some online. Very rare that I would buy in the shops because the 2nd hand stuff is just stupidly over priced last time I was in town.
Had some great records from the local charity shops in the last couple of years for cheap. Someone must have left a funk disco collection so I cleared that out. Went in the other day though and the records were 10p instead of ยฃ1. I picked a few and went to pay and asked why just 10p. She said they had thousands dropped off 3 weeks back and need rid. Asked if there was any in stock room and was told "no they've all just about gone, only what you can see out". Fucking gutted. Felt like I'd found a fiver and lost 100.
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:
No word of a lie, but I saw Exuma on vinyl today for ยฃ10. Not the best copy in the world, but a copy nonetheless!


I've had a rough time finding Exuma on vinyl, but have Exuma II which I got for roughly $15 on ebay I think
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
I only listen to albums that I own on CD, so my charts only contain albums in my collection. I feel like downloading or streaming music can create an overabundance and dilute the listening experience. Of course, seasoned listeners might be able to consume discographies whole, but for me it typically takes many plays before an album resonates. Buying CDs limits my intake and allows me to spend time listening to new albums and revisiting old favorites.

Sometimes I wish I had collected vinyl because they look and feel better than plastic cases. Digipacks aren't too bad, though.


Last edited by creator on 01/05/2015 20:22; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
I'd say about high 30s to low 40s of my top 100 I have on vinyl. Once I gain the ability of custom charts, I plan on making a chart of my collection.
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Absolutely none. I have about 75 per cent of my top 100 on CD, but my CD collection has been in storage for years. My entire media library (music, books and movies) is completely digital. I once hauled 400 cds, 100 dvds and 20 or so books through 4 countries and it really sucked. Never again.
  • Quote
I find vinyls are old fashioned relics of the past. They are far too big as well. ๐Ÿค” I have some of my chart on vinyl yet they only serve the purpose of decoration like Rock N Roll memorabilia. I really like the size of the cover but I wouldn't spend the money on listening to them when I can already listen to all of them.

I've probably got less than 10 I think โžก Would get a lot more if I were richer.


Last edited by Kiki on 01/05/2015 20:32; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 4 ... 262728  Next
Page 3 of 28


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The BEA Games Hall Of Fame Guest Tournaments
BEA's WTF? Album Curiosity Shop Jimmy Dread Music
My own top 100 songs of the 00's Guest Music
Apple Music Playlist Swap Meet rkm Music
[SWAP ONLY] Nomination thread for 199... sp4cetiger Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.