2015 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 156157158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Definitely with Norman re: Matana Roberts. Just stunning
  • Quote
My AOTY so far is Vulnicura, which I even like more than Homogenic. The production is fantastic. Tetsuo & Youth and B4.DA.$$ are also wonderful.
  • Quote

Poverty by Motorama

aka we love Joy Division / Smiths / Cure / The Church / John Maus in Russia.

Pretty awesome album.

Also check out their free download debut

Alps by Motorama

and their jangly indie pop follow up

Calendar by Motorama
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
CellarDoor wrote:

Poverty by Motorama



Downloaded this yesterday but didn't get the chance to listen to it. I shall be doing that today ๐Ÿ˜„ Loved their debut.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
This is the best folk album I've heard in years:




I think the last folk album I was this wowed by was Bon Iver's second, and this may be better yet. It's just different than what else exists, brings a lot of new stuff in. Worth a listen for fans of Fleet Foxes, Editors, and Gotye alike.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
wbiasdk.jv euwihtugb;e d/cx
  • Quote
satiemaniac wrote:
wbiasdk.jv euwihtugb;e d/cx


Ooh - now I've been studying Satish and think I can translate this, let me have a go...

"Dan Mangan folk? Is it fuck."

He's right, of course. Rustic singer-songwriter would be a better description, but Pitchfork or JMan haven't invented that genre yet.

And on a personal level, having listened to it once, I can safely say it is not a patch on Bon Iver.

Here's some proper folk in the meantime. I'm off to have some real ale (for breakfast).


_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:
Ooh - now I've been studying Satish and think I can translate this, let me have a go...

"Dan Mangan folk? Is it fuck."

He's right, of course. Rustic singer-songwriter would be a better description, but Pitchfork or JMan haven't invented that genre yet.

And on a personal level, having listened to it once, I can safely say it is not a patch on Bon Iver.

Here's some proper folk in the meantime. I'm off to have some real ale (for breakfast).



lol, definitely not my Bon Iver replacement, by any means, still hoping they'll put something out this year. Know it's more folk rock than folk folk. Just the first thing that really surprised me in a good way to come out of the genre in some time (since Bon Iver, Bon Iver)
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Of Montreal and Ryler Walker's new albums leaked, both way ahead of schedule.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Of Montreal and Ryler Walker's new albums leaked, both way ahead of schedule.


Ahhhhh, I guess I better get on the new Of Montreal. I've never felt less enthusiasm for a Kevin Barnes related project than what I'm feeling with this one, the lead singles were just not that good, but I'll listen to it regardless.

Heard the new Bjork, Pond, and Petite Noir albums tonight, they were all really good listens, especially the new Bjork. I still have yet to hear a 2015 release I even marginally dislike, good shit so far.

I'll go ahead and shout out a cool psych rock album I heard a few days ago since nobody else has talked about it yet.


Shadow Of The Sun by Moon Duo

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 156157158  Next
Page 18 of 158


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] 2015 music/albums in review cestuneblague Music
Your Top Albums of 2015 pearljammer13 Music
Top 10 Albums of 2015 Guest Music
BEA Users' Listening Logs (2015) mickilennial Music
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 1: King Gizz... babyBlueSedan Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.