Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 565758 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
I've been craving a type of music that doesn't seem to exist. Hints of it are everywhere but no one band, even song, seems to get it right. I have no idea what genre it would be. Basically, its *word vomit* decadent erotic enveloping burning hot intoxicating delirious mirage wet throbbing fever dream. Its like these bondage-on-album-cover bands seem to get the bodily functions aspect of it right but not the...anything else. I don't know if those bondage-on-album-cover bands get even the bodily functions right. My Bloody Valentine gets the closest but their music isn't engorged enough. Black metal is too cold and masculine but if it was hot and feminine it'd probably be exactly what I was looking for. There are plenty of sleazy sexy songs (I'll take recs for these too, those are fun, though no The Weeknd please...although that song he did with Ariana Grande was without a doubt the best thing I've ever heard on the radio) and plenty of swirling enveloping songs but nary do the two meet. Like, I want the musical form of Anaรฏs Nin's opium dens, Angela Carter's Erl-King, Joris Karl-Huysman's Black Mass, Kathy Acker's whore-songs...

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention the most obvious one, Pornography by The Cure, its sooo close, just not erotic enough at all.

edit edit: actually how about you musicians on here mash up some black metal enveloping guitar with the sound of a female orgasm. though the real challenge is how to get the juices into the noise.



Link
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
I've been craving a type of music that doesn't seem to exist. Hints of it are everywhere but no one band, even song, seems to get it right. I have no idea what genre it would be. Basically, its *word vomit* decadent erotic enveloping burning hot intoxicating delirious mirage wet throbbing fever dream. Its like these bondage-on-album-cover bands seem to get the bodily functions aspect of it right but not the...anything else. I don't know if those bondage-on-album-cover bands get even the bodily functions right. My Bloody Valentine gets the closest but their music isn't engorged enough. Black metal is too cold and masculine but if it was hot and feminine it'd probably be exactly what I was looking for. There are plenty of sleazy sexy songs (I'll take recs for these too, those are fun, though no The Weeknd please...although that song he did with Ariana Grande was without a doubt the best thing I've ever heard on the radio) and plenty of swirling enveloping songs but nary do the two meet. Like, I want the musical form of Anaรฏs Nin's opium dens, Angela Carter's Erl-King, Joris Karl-Huysman's Black Mass, Kathy Acker's whore-songs...

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention the most obvious one, Pornography by The Cure, its sooo close, just not erotic enough at all.

edit edit: actually how about you musicians on here mash up some black metal enveloping guitar with the sound of a female orgasm. though the real challenge is how to get the juices into the noise.

I'm sure you've listened to Cocteau, so I must be misinterpreting this whole thing.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
Ok definitely thinking on this.
Is this song anything like what you want?]


That is neat, if a bit over the top. Very over-the-top, really. XD Its silly.

noWaxJim wrote:
Hmmm.... Lords Of Acid?


Odd song. Its like it has most of the things I want in theory but in practice I'm not super into it. Its a bit too structured and aware of itself, I think. And it is too porn-star-esque. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be so obviously sexual. Still like it though.

Norman Bates wrote:
.


oh gosh didn't expect Throbbing Gristle. ๐Ÿคฃ Its, like the previous one, too structured and self-aware. But I like this one too.

craola wrote:
I'm sure you've listened to Cocteau, so I must be misinterpreting this whole thing.


As in Cocteau Twins? I don't see it. Maybe a tiny bit on Heaven or Las Vegas.

I'll make it easier, here are some songs which have pieces of the puzzle:
Milkweed/It Hangs Heavy by Pharmakon
Rentboy by HTRK
Black Acres by Elysian Fields
Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside) by MBV
Two Weeks by FKA Twigs
everything on Il ร‰tait une Forรชt... by Gris
The End by Nico
Haunted by Beyonce
Halfsleeper by Chelsea Wolfe
Bitter Reflektion by Lifelover
Strange Day by The Cure
anything by Diamanda Galas
Strawberry Julius by Bikini Kill
The Brothel by Susanne Sundfor
Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande, The Weeknd

thanks ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
That is neat, if a bit over the top. Very over-the-top, really. XD Its silly.

hehe yeaah I like silly

dammit at this point I'm just tempted to sample all of the above songs into some kind of dense hyper-erotic smorgasbord
  • Quote

Link


Perhaps this? I think you already know Lush though.

EDIT: Also, Phramakon makes my insides crawl.


Last edited by Happymeal on 01/27/2015 23:00; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
As in Cocteau Twins? I don't see it. Maybe a tiny bit on Heaven or Las Vegas.

Yeah. The closer on that album (Midsummer Foxes Frou or something) came to mind.

In any event, I just made a Spotify playlist with the tracks you mentioned (at least the ones I could find). Will see if I can figure out what the hell you want.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:

here are some songs which have pieces of the puzzle:
Milkweed/It Hangs Heavy by Pharmakon
Rentboy by HTRK
Black Acres by Elysian Fields
Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside) by MBV
Two Weeks by FKA Twigs
everything on Il ร‰tait une Forรชt... by Gris
The End by Nico
Haunted by Beyonce
Halfsleeper by Chelsea Wolfe
Bitter Reflektion by Lifelover
Strange Day by The Cure
anything by Diamanda Galas
Strawberry Julius by Bikini Kill
The Brothel by Susanne Sundfor
Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande, The Weeknd

thanks :D

this comes to mind but it probably only has one or two "pieces of the puzzle" at best

Link

great song regardless
  • Quote
Happymeal wrote:
Perhaps this? I think you already know Lush though.


yeah I love Lush. ๐Ÿ˜œ

craola wrote:
In any event, I just made a Spotify playlist with the tracks you mentioned (at least the ones I could find). Will see if I can figure out what the hell you want.


Good luck, you're gonna need it. ๐Ÿคฃ

dividesbyzero wrote:
this comes to mind but it probably only has one or two "pieces of the puzzle" at best

Link

great song regardless


Ohh I adore this O_O

here is a good'n though it is pink rather than red:

Link
  • Quote
http://lentoniarecords.bandcamp.com/album/unison

I don't think this is quite what you're looking for, but it came to mind. Might be another puzzle piece.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
Ohh I adore this O_O

here is a good'n though it is pink rather than red:

Link

am I on the right track?

it might be worth listening to

Radiance Of Shadows by Nadja

Link


and possibly

Cold by Anguished

Link


EDIT: also this comes to mind

Link

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 565758 ... 101102103  Next
Page 57 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Recommendations sticky? DarkSideOfTheComputer Suggestions
Finished My First Top 100 List/Recomm... DJENNY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.