People can listen to Playing With Fire and have it not be a religious experience?
Right this second. Right now. As goosebumps literally climb up my arms. I really don't understand how that's possible. ๐คฃ They're fucking Gods, y'all!!!
Oh, oh my love has left my side
Can't get enough of life to keep me satisfied
I lost about everything
Lord, look what state I'm in
Lord can you hear me when I call?
Lord can you hear me when I call?
Lord can you hear me when I call?
Lord can you hear me, hear me at all?
New release from Partisan Records that y'all should check out. The most common comparison is to a really chill version of Zeppelin, but they get a lot of other comparisons (seen everything from The Cure to Nick Drake to The Cure, too). Really deep landscapes, great listen with headphones. As far as genre, it's hard to really pin one down, moments of prog, moments of shoegaze, moments of slowcore, moments of post-punk-ish-ness, moments of folk, it's all over, but it's a great listen. _________________
Rhine = #1 for 2015 - a bit of a 'f*ck you' to some in the music industry (according to his page) but some brilliant work here. For fans of Severed Heads or other projects Ellard was attached to, this is a must.
Fearful Pleasure = #42 for 1995 - slightly disappointed by the wavering through different genres. It hits the mark in some areas but falls down with some repetitiveness.
I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Baby Huey record - it's best described as a party on wax, with obvious nods to Curtis Mayfield (bearing in mind he covers Mighty, Mighty and the LP was released on Curtom -Curtis' label - it's little surprise) and as such is one of the most under-rated funk/soul records of the early 70s. Kudos to Applerill for picking it - it's a riot.
Allowing all your dreadful feelings to fester inside you until an absolute overload of catharsis and frustration comes crashing through, coming down, recovering.
i will soon join this club. once i'm done listening to all of my favorites (hopefully by the end of june), then i'm going to slow it down and only listen to a couple of albums that are "new to my ears" a week. it's time for me to bring out the glass of whiskey, the rocking chair onto the porch and enjoy the day.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum