Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 656667 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
nachosbob wrote:
Looking for some fun hip-hop albums to play on my speakers while my friends and I play smash bros...

Some examples of stuff I've liked for the occasion


The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick by Slick Rick


Graduation by Kanye West


Below The Heavens by Blu & Exile

best request ever

these come to mind


Straight Out The Jungle by The Jungle Brothers

Internal Affairs by Pharoahe Monch

Road To The Riches by Kool G. Rap & DJ Polo

Mama Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J

Follow The Leader by Eric B. & Rakim

Strictly Business by EPMD
  • Quote
Does anyone know of other Pre-Smiths/R.E.M. jangle pop or jangly post-punk like Orange Juice and The Feelies?

edit:Come to think about it The Cure's Three Imaginary Boys is kind of similar too
  • Quote
newbands1 wrote:
Does anyone know of other Pre-Smiths/R.E.M. jangle pop or jangly post-punk like Orange Juice and The Feelies?

edit:Come to think about it The Cure's Three Imaginary Boys is kind of similar too


Having mad Deja Vu.

newbands1 wrote:
Anyone know of other songs/artists similar to this like The Feelies,Gun Club and Orange Juice being pretty much the originators of R.E.M.,Pixies and Smiths sound.
Puncture Repair wrote:
Try Young Marble Giants, Big Star, Echo and the Bunnymen and Mercury Rev.

  • Quote
Hello,

I am fairly new to this site and also just opening my mind to different music (or at least i think i am ๐Ÿงฑ ) but are there any bands out there similar to Queens of the Stone Age. Love that stuff. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed.

Thank you have a nice day
  • Quote
Puncture Repair wrote:


That was a different question,this is specifically regarding jangle pop,whereas my other one was for influential bands that are less recognized.
  • Quote
givensisa wrote:
Hello,

I am fairly new to this site and also just opening my mind to different music (or at least i think i am ๐Ÿงฑ ) but are there any bands out there similar to Queens of the Stone Age. Love that stuff. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed.

Thank you have a nice day


These aren't super similar, but judging by your taste here are a few albums I could recommend....

More Indie Choices


Emergency & I by The Dismemberment Plan


Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone? by The Unicorns

More Folksy Choices


I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning by Bright Eyes


Knife Man by Andrew Jackson Jihad

More Girly Choice


Dig Me Out by Sleater-Kinney
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote
givensisa wrote:
Hello,

I am fairly new to this site and also just opening my mind to different music (or at least i think i am ๐Ÿงฑ ) but are there any bands out there similar to Queens of the Stone Age. Love that stuff. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed.

Thank you have a nice day

Well, I'd say the obvious choice would be this:


Welcome To Sky Valley by Kyuss

Since that has Josh Homme before he formed QotSA.


nachosbob wrote:
More Girly Choice

I know what you were trying to go for but those choice of words doesn't sit well with me.
_________________
  • Quote
givensisa wrote:
Hello,

I am fairly new to this site and also just opening my mind to different music (or at least i think i am ๐Ÿงฑ ) but are there any bands out there similar to Queens of the Stone Age. Love that stuff. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed.

Thank you have a nice day


Kyuss would be the obvious starting point (both Blues for the Red Sun and Welcome to Sky Valley are essential listening). Similar to Kyuss, but heavier, are Sleep (Holy Mountain and Dopesmoker are also both essential). Can't go wrong with Mastodon (my favourite is Leviathan, but the proggier Crack the Skye and the sludgier Remission are also great), early Screaming Trees (check out the SST Years Anthology), 8-Way Santa by Tad, Coral Fang by The Distillers, basically anything by Clutch, early Baroness. A recent album with a QOTSA vibe is Lore by Elder - it's excellent and you should check that out. Hope that helps.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
givensisa wrote:
Hello,

I am fairly new to this site and also just opening my mind to different music (or at least i think i am ๐Ÿงฑ ) but are there any bands out there similar to Queens of the Stone Age. Love that stuff. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed.

Thank you have a nice day



The Physical World by Death From Above 1979

Thought that was really good from last year and their first is great too. Royal blood sound lots like qotsa in places but thought the album a bit of a let down.
  • Quote
I'd like solo piano music, but if it is another cool instrument, thats cool too. A torrent of shimmering piano keys is my ideal. Kinda like:

Link

Or not. You guys have free reign. If you'd like you can recommend sweet melodic stuff. I like that too.

And I also want colourful shiny electronic music. Like this instrumental version of a Main Attrakionz song:

Link

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 656667 ... 101102103  Next
Page 66 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Recommendations Guest Music
Recommendations for a jazz newbie shoopadoowop Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.