What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 702870297030 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Damsel In Distress by Lotic

following a tip from an all time BEA ledge

sounds dope af so far
  • Quote

Grace Days by I Am Robot And Proud
_________________
What I heard in 2015 and the 2010s so far. Now hearing this.
  • Quote

To The 5 Boroughs by Beastie Boys
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote

The College Dropout by Kanye West

As much as I love this album I have to say, "Get 'em High" through "Breathe in Breathe Out" is one of the weakest streaks. Seriously, this album would be in my top 25 albums if that streak was just cut out...
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote

Les Plus Belles Musiques De Films De Franรงois De Roubaix Vol. 1 by Francois de Roubaix

So chill... of course knowing the movies adds to the faded charm of these soundtracks.

๐Ÿ˜ฒ fuck just realized de Roubaix'd been sampled on Portishead's "Biscuit"! Couldn't find mention of it on the Internet but just struck me as obvious ("Boulevard du Rhum" for de Roubaix). I think they might have taken another cue or two from de Roubaix's music for Le Samouraรฏ as well.

People of taste, surely.

๐Ÿ˜ฒ double fuck! Robbie Williams' "Supreme" is sampled on de Roubaix's "Dernier domibile connu" score!
Friends get on a de Roubaix best-of asap, sample fest.


Last edited by Norman Bates on 03/03/2015 20:20; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote

Kensington Blues by Jack Rose
_________________
What I heard in 2015 and the 2010s so far. Now hearing this.
  • Quote

I Love You, Honeybear by Father John Misty
  • Quote

Let England Shake by P.J. Harvey

Although I have always rated it very high and knew at first listen this was going to be one of my favourite of the decade if not more, upon relistening now I swear I hadn't really realized it was this good. Soembody's understood everything to synthesis. The anger and the subtlety.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:

Let England Shake by P.J. Harvey

Although I have always rated it very high and knew at first listen this was going to be one of my favourite of the decade if not more, upon relistening now I swear I hadn't really realized it was this good. Soembody's understood everything to synthesis. The anger and the subtlety.

Right on! ๐Ÿ‘

Listening to:


The Miraculous Hump Returns From The Moon by Sopwith Camel

From The 101 strangest records on Spotify: "What never fails to amaze me about this record is how it sounds like it was recorded about a week ago, yet it dates from autumn 1973, back when Neil Youngโ€™s Time Fades Away and Funkadelicโ€™s Cosmic Slop were the hot new platters that mattered.

The mighty Camelโ€™s breakout hit Hello Hello had come out on Kama Sutra way back in winter 1966. They were the first San Francisco band to have a hit, but within six months of getting recognised they imploded. In 1970, the band got back together and The Miraculous Hump Returns From The Moon was their attempt at a comeback. Except, of course, itโ€™s nuts and no one bought it โ€“ and then they went on tour and their van caught fire and they lost all their equipment.

To be fair to them, Sopwith Camel were always more of an art project than an actual band โ€“ and that artistic bent is what makes this record such a gem. Taking in elements of FM schmaltz, prog-rock, jazz, showtunes, Krautrock and indian classical music, this is an album that overflows with ideas, but never overwhelms. Orange peel is cooly funk-scented ambient-jazz, Dancinโ€™ Wizard is what Incredible String Band might have sounded like if theyโ€™s grown up with sunshine rather than rain, while Coke, Suede and Waterbeds is as lush and indulgent as the title suggests. However, itโ€™s the last track Brief Synthoponia that is most startling. A fantastically stream-lined experimental jam, it manages to cram an awesome breakbeat, sax and synth squalls and some super-skronk hep-cat dynamism into its fifty-three second lifespan. A tiny masterpiece.
"
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote

Wild Honey by The Beach Boys
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 702870297030 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 7029 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.