Most Disappointing 2015 Release thus far

Goto page Previous  12345678  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Probably


Another Eternity by Purity Ring

I really liked Shrines, and maybe this just felt like too much of the same, but I really didn't get anything out of it. Shrines felt like it had more going on, instrumentally and lyrically, but IDK. New Decemberists was bad but I wasn't surprised by that.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
STRANGERS TO OURSELVES
  • Quote

Strangers To Ourselves by Modest Mouse
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:



No Cities To Love by Sleater-Kinney



Yes this.

Also: Super Discount 3, Belle & Sebastian, more to come if I think of them.
  • Quote

Fashion Week by Death Grips

I couldn't connect a lot with that.
And I liked No Cities To Love by Sleater-Kinney, that's not a bad album imo.
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
  • Quote
Well disappointment doesn't always equate to "did not like this", generally.
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
Well disappointment doesn't always equate to "did not like this", generally.


yes, that's true, I didn't think of it that way actually.
_________________
Not Talulah?
- Gosh!
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:

For me, this is the easy winner...


No Cities To Love by Sleater-Kinney


Can't argue with that. The universal acclaim just baffles me.
  • Quote
sp4cetiger wrote:
Can't argue with that. The universal acclaim just baffles me.


Same. It's good, I definitely enjoyed it, but I can't see myself really going back to it all that much. I kind of wonder if this album had been released by some unknown band if it would've gotten the same acclaim.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:

The Ark Work by Liturgy

The first one was recommended by Nech, and it's his AOTY; however all of it seems disinteresting and inconsistent as well as not executed well at all


Wait, you surely listened to Aesthetica prior, correct? Your verdict is fine, I guess, but it seems silly to go into a Liturgy album expecting a straightforward metal experience, especially since they've always been so infamous for going against that grain.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345678  Next
Page 2 of 8


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Most Disappointing album ever..... MarcusInKensington Music
Best albums not on any charts thus no... GARY Music
12 Disappointing Music Facts.... Chemical Smile Music
[ Poll ] Which today's new release did you enj... facu-janssen Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.