Codes And Keys by Death Cab For Cutie _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
I actually loved their debut, even if it broke zero new ground whatsoever. Was a big favourite during my first year of uni. This one sounds good so far too.
EDIT: Turns out it wasn't released until after I'd dropped out of uni, well into my second year. Don't do drugs, kids.
I enjoyed this, though there were a few moments where it didn't really work for me. Certainly more varied and subtle than their debut album, but not necessarily a massive leap forward, and not packed with as many strong songs. Certainly won't dent the upper echelons of my 2015 chart, but it's a solid, enjoyable listen with a few cool tricks up its sleeve.
Moving onto...
Skinny wrote:
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe & Ariel Kalma - We Know Each Other Somehow (2015)
This is all kinds of wonderful. Recommended to dbz, Norman, craola, Hayden, Frogger, and possibly secretdad too. Very serene sax, synth and field recording combination. I listened to it twice earlier in the back seat of a car travelling from Glasgow to Birmingham and was mesmerised.
Listening to this has become a daily occurrence. Really excellent stuff. _________________ 2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum