A Metal Club

Goto page Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 192021  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:


Rising Force by Yngwie J. Malmsteen


Tooth And Nail by Dokken

You actually consider these hair metal musically? What? Both are obvious trad. heavy works with no traces of AOR or contemporary homogenization at all.


Well, for Yngwie, I actually had a moment's pause before adding it, and I can completely understand not classifying it as hair metal.

As for Dokken, yea, I'd definitely classify it as hair metal. I mean, have you heard this song?


Link


Or this one?


Link


I mean, sure, I'll say that Tooth And Nail is heavier than your typical hair metal album, but I'd definitely still qualify it as hair metal, just as much as I'd qualify Mรถtley Crรผe or Guns N' Roses as hair metal.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Gowi wrote:


Rising Force by Yngwie J. Malmsteen


Tooth And Nail by Dokken

You actually consider these hair metal musically? What? Both are obvious trad. heavy works with no traces of AOR or contemporary homogenization at all.


Well, for Yngwie, I actually had a moment's pause before adding it, and I can completely understand not classifying it as hair metal.

As for Dokken, yea, I'd definitely classify it as hair metal. I mean, have you heard this song?


Link


Or this one?


Link


I mean, sure, I'll say that Tooth And Nail is heavier than your typical hair metal album, but I'd definitely still qualify it as hair metal, just as much as I'd qualify Mรถtley Crรผe or Guns N' Roses as hair metal.


Have you heard:


Link



Link


Not hair metal songs. I mean Dokken has moments, but T&N as a record is more trad. heavy than hair.
  • Quote
Dokken is one of those bands that dips in and out of hair metal. Motley Crue is like that as well. I mean, have you heard Theatre of Pain? Very different from Shout at the Devil.
_________________
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:


Have you heard:


Link



Link


Not hair metal songs. I mean Dokken has moments, but T&N as a record is more trad. heavy than hair.


I mean, I don't see that as that drastically different in style from:


Link


or


Link


or most of GNR's stuff.

and I would classify those two both as hair metal (albeit, Slave To The Grind on the heavier end of the hair metal spectrum). But I guess hair metal is a fairly broad term, and perhaps we'll just have to agree to disagree.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
I mean, I'm right. But victory by forfeit and all.

btw slave to the grind is trad.

Jasonconfused wrote:
Dokken is one of those bands that dips in and out of hair metal. Motley Crue is like that as well. I mean, have you heard Theatre of Pain? Very different from Shout at the Devil.


Mostly on other material if you ask me, but I agree yeah.


Last edited by mickilennial on 06/03/2015 00:45; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
I mean, I'm right.


oh ok my bad, I guess I didn't realize that, I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
oh ok my bad, I guess I didn't realize that, I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.


No problem, glad we got it figured out.
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
No problem, glad we got it figured out.



_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Jasonconfused wrote:
Dokken is one of those bands that dips in and out of hair metal. Motley Crue is like that as well. I mean, have you heard Theatre of Pain? Very different from Shout at the Devil.


Yeah, I agree with this. Under Lock & Key would be Dokken's far superior Theater of Pain. Despite ULAK's cheessiness I've always had a soft spot for it. More so than Theater of Pain.

Anyways, I may have blinked twice at Rising Force being considered hair metal, but the inclusion of Dokken didn't bug me at all. I mean ...

  • Quote
Because musical genre AKA sound has to do about performance appearance. By that logic Kiss is black metal.



Just sayin', gents.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 192021  Next
Page 13 of 21


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
A Metal Club (2 the head) Repo Music
Best Death metal/ Black metal albums??? jshawnano Music
#4 - The Unnatural World - 2014 Album... Guest Music
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band ... Johnnyo Music
Club Beatz Necharsian Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.