2015 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 929394 ... 156157158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Interested in the new Meg Baird, Richard Thompson, and, yes, Neil Young. Has anybody heard those?

Oh, and new Christopher Paul Stelling has leaked. Man, mecca, this must feel strange.



hahaha. I still get Google alerts about him, and that was definitely weird to see.


I too am interested in the Baird, Thompson and Young records. I'll let you know if I get around to actually listening.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
I like Baird (and Espers) a lot. Looking forward to the new album.
  • Quote
The new Carly Rae Jepsen record is refreshingly good. It's a beautiful fusion of 80s pop and modern production ( like what 1989 was trying to be but failed). It's only out in Japan but there are some working download links out there if you feel inclined.
  • Quote
Surprised not to have seen anyone else listen to this yet:


Everybody Is Going To Heaven by Citizen

It's a really cool, very 90s sounding album. Little derivative at times but I think a unique sound overall. I liked Young States, wasn't big on Youth, saw Fantano 's review of this and very nearly didn't ever listen to it, but it's worth it. Yellow Love is the best song they've ever written.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Kamens wrote:
The new Carly Rae Jepsen record is refreshingly good. It's a beautiful fusion of 80s pop and modern production ( like what 1989 was trying to be but failed). It's only out in Japan but there are some working download links out there if you feel inclined.


I checked it out today and I didn't really get what the fuss was about. '80s fusion' is giving it far too much credit, it's very much a zeitgist for pop music today, making heavy use of 4/4 bass drum beats, and since soudning 80s 'in' at the moment. It knows what it is, and it does it well, but so does so much other pop, I can't put my finger on why this one should stand out or be labelled as 'refreshing'. 'Warm Blood' especially felt like it was messily trying to be a modern day club track, throwing in deep-house bass, that same synth Martin Garrix used in 'Animals', and some out-of-place pitch-shifted vocals. Pretty much every other song was solid and catchy in its own right, I just wished there were more moments where Carly revealed more than the sugary perfect, deeply-in-love pop singer she appears on the surface. I guess I'm just not the target market.

benpaco wrote:
Surprised not to have seen anyone else listen to this yet:


Everybody Is Going To Heaven by Citizen

It's a really cool, very 90s sounding album. Little derivative at times but I think a unique sound overall. I liked Young States, wasn't big on Youth, saw Fantano 's review of this and very nearly didn't ever listen to it, but it's worth it. Yellow Love is the best song they've ever written.


I reckon I'll give it a listen now, sounds interesting, thanks ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
Puncture Repair wrote:
benpaco wrote:
Surprised not to have seen anyone else listen to this yet:


Everybody Is Going To Heaven by Citizen

It's a really cool, very 90s sounding album. Little derivative at times but I think a unique sound overall. I liked Young States, wasn't big on Youth, saw Fantano 's review of this and very nearly didn't ever listen to it, but it's worth it. Yellow Love is the best song they've ever written.


I reckon I'll give it a listen now, sounds interesting, thanks :)


Lemme know what you think man, I'm curious.

Also:

BRAND NEW ALBUM CONFIRMED FOR 2015 HYPE
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote

Wildheart by Miguel

Any opinions? I'm gonna listen later, gonna throw in my two cents then.

He is so so so hot on that album cover.
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums

Top 100 Music Albums of the 2010s
  • Quote
http://pitchfork.com/news/60197-beach-house-share-sparks/

Just listened to the first single from Depression Cherry, if this is any sign, it's gonna be amazing. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Definitely looking forward to Depression Cherry. Early indications are promising.
  • Quote
Listening to California Nights by Best Coast

It is how I expected.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 929394 ... 156157158  Next
Page 93 of 158


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Your Top Albums of 2015 pearljammer13 Music
Top 10 Albums of 2015 Guest Music
[ Poll ] 2015 music/albums in review cestuneblague Music
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 3: Kendrick ... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
Country Legend Jim Ed Brown (1934-2015) JOSweetHeart Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.