Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 158159160 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:

All Part Of Growing Up by Lost Cherrees

Vinyl just came in the mail. Its a reissue. Fuck this is exciting, who is up for a Lost Cherrees party?


Brandon this album is so freaking AWESOME !!
fantastic rec, thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote

Get Olde / Second Wind by Crying

on pretty blue/pink starburst vinyl. its amazing.
  • Quote
Bypassed a series on delays on the M25 on way home from Hatfield, which took me through Hendon, Kilburn, Maida Vale and saw me end up in Ladbroke Grove. Ended up ยฃ100 worse off, but with good reason:

From Honest Jon's:


The Modern Dance by Pere Ubu


Clube Da Esquina by Milton Nascimento/Lรด Borges

Brun0 would be proud. It was a 4 Men With Beards repress, but listened to it first (they're notoriously hit-and-miss for quality) and it was fine.


Fally Lover by Johnny Osbourne



This was playing in the shop when I got in and it was so good I couldn't pass it up

From Rough Trade


Hadestown by Anaรฏs Mitchell

Different sleeve art to the CD, but it comes with a rather natty booklet. Groovy

And from People's Sound on the All Saints Road...


One, Two by Sister Nancy

50/100!!! ๐Ÿ˜ (more on that here). You have NO IDEA how I felt when I found this. I was literally tingling inside, and I even got the guy behind the counter to put it on because I thought I was dreaming (and to check it - original JA pressings are notoriously iffy). The adrenaline was pumping - it was one of those experiences only a record geek can appreciate. It was also the most I've ever spent on a record (ยฃ40), but it was in absolutely amazing nick. In fact it doesn't look like it's ever been played. UNTIL NOW...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:

One, Two by Sister Nancy

50/100!!! ๐Ÿ˜ (more on that here). You have NO IDEA how I felt when I found this. I was literally tingling inside, and I even got the guy behind the counter to put it on because I thought I was dreaming (and to check it - original JA pressings are notoriously iffy). The adrenaline was pumping - it was one of those experiences only a record geek can appreciate. It was also the most I've ever spent on a record (ยฃ40), but it was in absolutely amazing nick. In fact it doesn't look like it's ever been played. UNTIL NOW...


Incredible. I wouldn't mind a copy for myself.

Now that I'm settled in a new place with no future plans of having to lug large heavy crates of vinyl to a new home, I've picked up a few things of late:


From Kinshasa by Mbongwana Star


Glitter Lung by Jesse R Berlin


Last Year's Savage by Shilpa Ray


Pom Pom by Ariel Pink


The Sunlandic Twins by of Montreal


The Adventures Of Ghosthorse And Stillborn by CocoRosie


Songs Our Daddy Taught Us by The Everly Brothers


Document by R.E.M.


Parsley, Sage, Rosemary And Thyme by Simon And Garfunkel
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
Just pre-ordered these on vinyl...


Dam-Funk - Invite the Light (2015)

White vinyl 3LP set. One of the few artists that I'm willing to part money for before I've even heard the material.

And...


The Epic by Kamasi Washington

Looks like a lovingly put together 3LP set, with some excellent packaging and artwork. Wasn't sure they'd go to the trouble of pressing it to vinyl given its length, so I was extremely happy to see it pop up on Ninja Tune's website.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Vinyl:


Return To Cookie Mountain by TV On The Radio


Escape From Evil by Lower Dens


New Moon by Elliott Smith


Pure Heroine by Lorde


Blue by Joni Mitchell
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote



All 12"
Merriweather and good kid both double LPs
_________________
overall / 2017 / spotify
  • Quote

Salad Days by Mac DeMarco
_________________
SEMEN STAINS THE MOUNTAIN TOPS
  • Quote
Not long back from the Guildford Record Fair which didn't have as many bearded gentlemen and the lingering smell of B.O. as I thought. Picked up these:


The Marble Index by Nico


(pronounced 'lฤ•h-'nรฉrd 'skin-'nรฉrd) by Lynyrd Skynyrd

ยฃ2.50 each, original Belgian and British presses respectively. Marble Index was in fantastic nick bar a little mark where the price sticker had been. Amazingly the guy also had Rough Trade pressings of Hatful of Hollow and The Queen Is Dead for the same price, but they were marked and scratched to buggery.


Naked At The Buy, Sell & Trade by Great Plains


Pleasure by Girls At Our Best!

The latter complete with a sweet bag and some postcards and a stencil. An indie boy's dream.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
How much was your Marble Index, and what pressing?

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 158159160 ... 494495496  Next
Page 159 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.