BEA Vinyl Swap Shop / Your Own Top 100 on Vinyl

Goto page Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 262728  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: How many of your Top 100 do you own on vinyl?
None:
12%
 12%  [13]
1-5:
10%
 10%  [11]
6-10:
9%
 9%  [10]
11-20:
21%
 21%  [23]
21-50:
23%
 23%  [25]
51-99:
9%
 9%  [10]
The Whole Bloody Lot!:
0%
 0%  [1]
Vinyl? I'd rather listen to a heavily compressed mp3, thanks.:
13%
 13%  [14]
Total Votes : 107

  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
noWaxJim wrote:

...and anyone who's been following my progess will notice a VERY special record took me to the half-century - bottom-centre on the second pic :)


๐Ÿ˜ฎ where'd you find it?


And where did you find a copy of Africa Brasil? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I've yet to even see a copy.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
noWaxJim wrote:

...and anyone who's been following my progess will notice a VERY special record took me to the half-century - bottom-centre on the second pic :)


๐Ÿ˜ฎ where'd you find it?


That would be telling (check out entry no.50)

Hayden wrote:

And where did you find a copy of Africa Brasil? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I've yet to even see a copy.


Picked it up in Phonica, Soho (in one of the back streets off the road on the cover of What's The Story? Morning Glory). It's a repress on Polysom (essentially Brazil's only pressing plant) and it's ace. In fact I'd wager unless someone's kept their original Philips press in pristine condition it's probably the best pressing that's realistically available outside of Brazil. Same for Acabou Chorare - thank Christ 4 Twats With Hats (bloody sharks, them hipsters) didn't get their mitts on that one...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Kind of unrelated, but does anyone track their collection on discogs? Recently found out it will give you a range of your collection's value, so I thought I might start soon. If you do, what's your value?
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
Kind of unrelated, but does anyone track their collection on discogs? Recently found out it will give you a range of your collection's value, so I thought I might start soon. If you do, what's your value?


Sure do. But only my LPs - don't bother with CDs, 12"s and 7"s. As for value, ยฃ3500 is my collection's median value, which works out at just over ยฃ10.50 a disc (although not accounting for 19 of my collection which have never registered a sale, one of which being my Sympathy For The Record Industry press of The White Stripes' debut LP which I reckon could go for ยฃ60-80). If they all sold for top value (which would never happen) it's just over ยฃ5.5k.

Of the 50 out of my Top 100 I've acquired, we're talking ยฃ700 average, ยฃ1.1k tops. Most expensive would be my original presses of One, Two, Crosby, Stills and Nash and Pink Flag, in that order.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Does anyone have the FlyLo's You're Dead 4LP boxset?

I have the CD cause I figured the vinyl would just be too expensive, but amazon has the boxset on for $30 (Canadian) for a limited time. Any idea if it's worth it?
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Does anyone have the FlyLo's You're Dead 4LP boxset?

I have the CD cause I figured the vinyl would just be too expensive, but amazon has the boxset on for $30 (Canadian) for a limited time. Any idea if it's worth it?


$30 canadian sounds WAY worth it, one site had it as high as 92 canadian, and the lowest I can find anywhere is $60 in Canadian dollars.

My big bummer came when Tuxedomoon announced an 10LP Boxset - every studio album plus an album of unreleased tracks. Today, they announced the price. With shipping, a little more than $300 US.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
Hayden wrote:
Does anyone have the FlyLo's You're Dead 4LP boxset?

I have the CD cause I figured the vinyl would just be too expensive, but amazon has the boxset on for $30 (Canadian) for a limited time. Any idea if it's worth it?


$30 canadian sounds WAY worth it, one site had it as high as 92 canadian, and the lowest I can find anywhere is $60 in Canadian dollars.


Bought it ๐Ÿ˜ Free shipping always helps. Especially in Canada.

As for the Tuxedomoon box-set, I know some of their records are harder to come by, but I'd be content with just owning Half-Mute and Desire. $30 a record (x10) for a box-set is def out of my range

... except maybe if that's what the Wes Anderson set goes for ๐Ÿ˜จ

If any other Canadians want the FlyLo box set, it seems to keep decreasing in price: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MYK0...1&smid =A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB
_________________
Doubles & Conch


Last edited by Hayden on 09/09/2015 13:52; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:
HALFWAY THERE...





...and anyone who's been following my progess will notice a VERY special record took me to the half-century - bottom-centre on the second pic :)


Looking good noWaxJim...nice to see Pink Flag in the top pic, have just ordered a 1st press off Discogs to take me to within 1 of my top 100. Photo's of the entire 100 coming soon (hopefully)

Edit: just re read your post...You found that copy of Pink Flag in Oxfam!!! Grrrrrrr


Last edited by LittleM1971 on 09/09/2015 10:20; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Love the Ronettes cover being next to the Pipettes btw
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
Kind of unrelated, but does anyone track their collection on discogs? Recently found out it will give you a range of your collection's value, so I thought I might start soon. If you do, what's your value?


Cool didn't know it gives you that information.

Including some 1000 odd CD's my median stands at ยฃ6,239.86

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 262728  Next
Page 14 of 28


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The BEA Games Hall Of Fame Guest Tournaments
BEA's WTF? Album Curiosity Shop Jimmy Dread Music
My own top 100 songs of the 00's Guest Music
Apple Music Playlist Swap Meet rkm Music
[SWAP ONLY] Nomination thread for 199... sp4cetiger Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.