Top 10 Albums of 2015

Goto page Previous  123, 4 ... 101112  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I really appreciate all the people who take the time to make 100 album charts. But my personal feeling is that keeping your lists small gives them more meaning.

If 100 is the limit for all time..then it seems reasonable that year and decade charts should be shorter.

It seems to me that ranking every last thing you listen to is....well....not very healthy.

Thanks to those of you who do it though ๐Ÿ‘
  • Quote
Here's the rest of my chart

11. Bjรถrk - Vulnicura

12. Jamie xx - In Colors

13. Tame Impala - Current

14. Sleater-Kinney - No Cities Of Love

15. Vince Staples - Summertime '06

16. Allison Moorer - Down To Believing

17. Destroyer - Poison Season

18. Natalie Prass - Natalie Prass

19. James McMurtry - Complicated Games

20. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit

21. Titus Andronicus - The Most Lamentable Tragedy

22. Royal Headache - High

23. Dawn Richard - Blackheart

24. Jazmine Sullivan - Reality Show

25. Hop Along - Painted Shut
  • Quote
[img:500:500]http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/
album_large_83807_559e8a796a6de.jpg[/img]
Handwritten by Shawn Mendes

What's your opinion about this?
  • Quote
โ†‘โ†‘ damn it

Seriously, how to post pictures????
  • Quote

Ten Love Songs by Susanne Sundfรธr


Coin Coin Chapter Three: River Run Thee by Matana Roberts


Sun And Moon by Timbre


Beat The Champ by The Mountain Goats


Beyond The Red Mirror by Blind Guardian


EarthEE by THEESatisfaction


III by Fรถllakzoid


Untethered Moon by Built To Spill


The Scene Between by The Go! Team


Abyss by Chelsea Wolfe
  • Quote
So far, it goes like this:

1. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (by some distance)
2. Bjork - Vulnicura (good enough to make my top 100)
3. Tame Impala - Currents (a grower)
4. Holly Herndon - Platform
5. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
6. Beach House - Depression Cherry
7. Jessica Pratt - On Your Own Love Again
8. Waxahatchee - Ivy Tripp
9. Hot Chip - Why Make Sense?
10. Gwenno - Y Dydd Olaf

Honourable mentions to: Panda Bear, Meg Baird, GY!BE, Paul De Jong, the Decemberists and Belle & Sebastian.
  • Quote
Will probably have to put 3 recent discoveries in my top 10: Billy Woods, Kath Bloom and F Ingers
  • Quote
Decurso wrote:
I really appreciate all the people who take the time to make 100 album charts. But my personal feeling is that keeping your lists small gives them more meaning.

If 100 is the limit for all time..then it seems reasonable that year and decade charts should be shorter.

It seems to me that ranking every last thing you listen to is....well....not very healthy.


I listen to a lot more than what's in my 2015 chart. The chart is just the stuff I really like. And I have liked well over 100 records from the year. But I'll also admit, I consume music at an alarming rate that is a bit obsessive if not totally unhealthy. So yeah, I can vouch that every single record on my 2015 top 100 is worth listening to more than once.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
Decurso wrote:
I really appreciate all the people who take the time to make 100 album charts. But my personal feeling is that keeping your lists small gives them more meaning.

If 100 is the limit for all time..then it seems reasonable that year and decade charts should be shorter.

It seems to me that ranking every last thing you listen to is....well....not very healthy.


I listen to a lot more than what's in my 2015 chart. The chart is just the stuff I really like. And I have liked well over 100 records from the year. But I'll also admit, I consume music at an alarming rate that is a bit obsessive if not totally unhealthy. So yeah, I can vouch that every single record on my 2015 top 100 is worth listening to more than once.


This.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
I do 10 push ups every time I add an album to my chart, so it's actually really healthy for me. I'm ripped AF, body builders hate me.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 4 ... 101112  Next
Page 3 of 12


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Your Top Albums of 2015 pearljammer13 Music
TOP 10 HIP HOP of 2015 Lachapelle Music
Top 10 Tracks of 2015 Revolution909 Music
What are albums are your Top 10 Great... hestiacarrow1994 Music
[ Poll ] 2015 music/albums in review cestuneblague Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.