Nonsensical Ramblings: Patman's Diary

Goto page Previous  123, ... 101112  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:


#3:

Visions Of The Country by Robbie Basho
An album that has been truly melting my mind and heart over the past few weeks, incredible stuff in a style that reminds of John Fahey. I'm still just soaking up how good I find this.



Link


Blue Crystal Fire is now my jam!!! Thanks, Pat for the extra push and Mecca for the initial seed! It is the perfect visualization for my Qigong practice. There really is a blue crystal fire aka chi aka holy spirit that embraces all of us. Time to drop my punk, cynical, doubting past and get spiritual on all your asses. lol.
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:



Link


Blue Crystal Fire is now my jam!!! Thanks, Pat for the extra push and Mecca for the initial seed! It is the perfect visualization for my Qigong practice.


It's such a gorgeous track. Hauntingly beautiful and cathartic in equal measure, and for me brings back memories of the car journey to the hospice in the days before my Mum died. I can't thank Mecca enough for bringing it into my life - managed to track down the repress on Gnome Life too and it sounds stunning, and it will forever hold a place in my heart. Need to listen to more Basho stuff but no idea where to venture next... Suggestions?
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:
It's such a gorgeous track. Hauntingly beautiful and cathartic in equal measure, and for me brings back memories of the car journey to the hospice in the days before my Mum died. I can't thank Mecca enough for bringing it into my life - managed to track down the repress on Gnome Life too and it sounds stunning, and it will forever hold a place in my heart. Need to listen to more Basho stuff but no idea where to venture next... Suggestions?



The Falconer's Arm I by Robbie Basho

and


Venus in Cancer by Robbie Basho
  • Quote
Man, didn't expect Basho's music to mean so much to others, I feel haunting is almost the ideal way to describe what I've heard so far but it remains equally tranquil at the same time and I must get on top of those recs, was itching for some John Fahey today so I gave a good few listens to Death Chants, Breakdowns & Military Waltzes and Days Have Gone By, both are wonderful, slightly prefer the first one though.

Day 3:
#5:
Also got an urge for some Miles today, in particular...

On The Corner by Miles Davis

And to a lesser extent...
#6:

Blue Moods by Miles Davis

Gonna be ranking his discography the best I can in the coming weeks (as well as binging on all the aforementioned stuff), with some hopefully decent, proper descriptions.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Been a bit busy with presentations and stuff aswell as working all weekend, managed to give some of those recs a few listens over though, particularly The Falconer's Arm I and will hopefully have something to add later with regards those. In the meantime...

Day 4:
#7:
I've been listening to this in the pouring rain on the way in.

Pom Pom by Ariel Pink
I'm a big fan of this, artsy/indie electropop, very eccentric stuff resulting in sounds I would imagine to be hearing if Captain Beafheart or someone was still going strong with the times. It's interesting and thoroughly enjoyable, coming across as dark in it's inner core but this often gets 'sugarcoated' over and lost within the realms of pop.


Link

_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Finally home, been an intensive and stressful few days, but finally have some time to chill and catch some tunes, I did get to meet Iain Stewart though, big deal in geology, which is cool, anyway:

Day 5:
#8:

Newbuild by 808 State
Too tired for anymore detail...
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Haven't been around much of late and my 2015 chart has been a tad neglected as a result, just added a new entry to my top 10 however and it's one I cannot rec enough...
Day 6:
#9:

All Of Something by SPORTS
It's only out a few weeks at this stage, wonderful, fuzzy jangly/indie/twee pop, what's not to love, very similar to some other albums in my chart so far... But it's just so lovely, been venturing into this sort of stuff quite a bit lately so expect to see more in my charts in the coming weeks.
Listen here.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:
Haven't been around much of late and my 2015 chart has been a tad neglected as a result, just added a new entry to my top 10 however and it's one I cannot rec enough...
Day 6:
#9:

All Of Something by SPORTS
It's only out a few weeks at this stage, wonderful, fuzzy jangly/indie/twee pop, what's not to love, very similar to some other albums in my chart so far... But it's just so lovely, been venturing into this sort of stuff quite a bit lately so expect to see more in my charts in the coming weeks.
Listen here.


Great stuff. Didn't realise they had a new record out, loved this mini-LP of theirs from last year:


Sunchokes by SPORTS
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:
Great stuff. Didn't realise they had a new record out, loved this mini-LP of theirs from last year:


Sunchokes by SPORTS

Oh yes, also excellent, don't know why I haven't charted that one actually, been binging a lot of twee-ish stuff, hopefully got a few more to add into the database in the next few days, been listening to this quite a bit which I must add by a band called Sonic The Comic from Birmingham, indie/electropop sort of stuff.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Got given a surprise 30 page report and a week to do it so I've been having a lovely time lately as you all can imagine.

Day 7:
#10:

A Grand Don't Come For Free by The Streets
Gave this a listens on the bus on the way home, always something I enjoy.

Also looking for some recs of 'classic hip hop' or that sort of stuff, you know something like Eric B. & Rakim/Public Enemy/EPMD, etc., been jamming on that lately while ArcGIS drains all my energy.
_________________


2023
2022

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, ... 101112  Next
Page 2 of 12


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BYT - G1 2011 (Patman) defeats 1971 (... Defago Tournaments
Happy Birthday Patman! Antonio-Pedro Lounge
RKM Listening Diary: "Produced b... rkm Music Diaries
Random Album Diary jnmayles Music Diaries
The only diary I have: jdenny2018 jdenny2018 Music Diaries

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.