Just Remember What The Ass Do In A Sundress

Goto page Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 131415  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
Anti wrote:
December 22nd at 4:07p.m.


Separation by Balance And Composure

It was REALLY GOOD for the first half, then it got extremely same-y and whiney. If you're a big fan of grunge rock then you'll love this. I just wish there was more variety of emotions instead of whininess throughout the whole damn thing. Not bad, overall. Just needs variety.

Rating: 70/100


I can feel that. You might enjoy Sainthood Reps, similar ideas but with some more variety and (imo) much better production.


Monoculture looks pretty cool, I'm gonna check that out probably in the afternoon.
  • Quote
December 26th at 9:27p.m.


Compton by Dr. Dre

I've put off listening to this album since it came out in the summer. Really wish I listened to it at the time (feels like a summertime album, plus the artwork puts me in that daytime mood, no shit). In my opinion, this is the most banging', explosive album of the year. I feel so much energy from each performance that I haven't gotten from any other album this year. No, that doesn't mean it's in my top 10 of the year (and that wasn't really an insult, it just falls short). There are a few "eh" moments on the album aside from all the fun. Medicine Man was a track I couldn't really care for that much, same with the Game's track. I don't know if this is my bias talking, but the tracks with Kendrick on them are absolutely phenomenal. This final studio effort by Dre is cohesive, fun, and packs a serious punch.

Rating: 80/100

Will probably listen to Monoculture tomorrow... Taking it easy tonight after quite an eventful week...
  • Quote
January 4th at 12:45p.m.


Forlatt by Vร li

Thank you, Lowkey. This album transported me to a Norwegian village. Lovely folk album that sounds so specific it paints perfect images in my mind. I listened to this album while looking outside to my forest-y backyard covered in snow and it was amazing. Thank you.

Rating: 90/100
  • Quote
January 4th at 9:28p.m.


The Universe Smiles Upon You by Khruangbin

Jazzy, bass guitar driven psychedelic rock from Texas outfit Khruangbin. Very easy on the ears, excellent quality. Sounds very relaxed and enjoyable. Probably would be great on vinyl. Wish I heard this in 2015.

Rating: 90/100
  • Quote
January 4th at 11:49p.m.


My Krazy Life by YG

I have to agree with PsychologistHD. It isn't entirely uninteresting. Some tracks have some decent production that kept me listening. But it's lyrically boring and not so thought out. Plus... well I said on Beyonce's self-titled that I don't mind sexually driven lyrics, but... I can do without songs that involve the artist rapping about tearing up pussy and then bragging that they are good at it when in reality they are probably just average. Plus an interlude with them fucking? Just... no. Also, one song started with the line, "I woke up this morning, I had a boner," and continued rapping with all seriousness. That's kinda where I lost interest in the album. Twist My Fingaz, his most recent single, was a major improvement. I hope he doesn't disappoint with his next album after this... thing.

Rating: 55/100
  • Quote
Anti wrote:
Plus an interlude with them fucking? Just... no.

son

Link
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
son

Link


I'm well aware of this one, too ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
January 5th at 12:59a.m.


Art Angels by Grimes

Damn. I ended up liking this a lot! I didn't really care for Visions that much... just wasn't for me. I appreciate the cloudy, ethereal production with a lot more than the street-like production on Visions (I stole that description on Visions from a comment). Realiti and Flesh Without Blood are incredible. Major improvement from Visions, imo.

Rating: 85/100
  • Quote
Not surprised you didn't get My Krazy Life; YG is the antithesis of factory-produced personality-vacuums like Travis Scott.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Not surprised you didn't get My Krazy Life; YG is the antithesis of factory-produced personality-vacuums like Travis Scott.


What if I just don't like his personality? And Travis Scott isn't lyrically better, neither is his subject matter. I like how his music sounds. I like the glossy production with a nocturnal edge to it. I like how he uses his voice as like another instrument. When I listen to Travis Scott, I like how his auto-tuned singing harmonizes with the music. YG... I just don't like what he brings to the table on My Krazy Life. But Twist My Fingaz is sooooo much better than any song on that album, imo. To each his own, dude.

EDIT: I also want to say that it's not like I can't salvage any enjoyment from My Krazy Life. I Like to Party and My Nigga are really great songs!


Last edited by Anti on 01/05/2016 07:15; edited 1 time in total

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 131415  Next
Page 9 of 15


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Even better best 90's album for Purpl... Imbacktosavethuniverse Music
Great long ass albums DJTommy Music
11-11-11 Remember the Sabbath Day! Captain_Dude Music
Random things you remember from child... Guest Lounge
"Remember Me" not working/c... culwin Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.