Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 199200201 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Let's have a Kiki edition


24 Hours In A Disco by Kiki Gyan

Regular pluggers/dubbers will know I adore this record, and if you like funky Ghanian disco (and who doesn't?) there's every likelihood you will too. Just been repressed, which is timely 'cos I've been after this for ages.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
The Return of the Hunt for Used CDs.

4 for a tenner bin:


Bakesale by Sebadoh


Grace by Jeff Buckley
(for the lady, quite like it myself of course)


Keep On Your Mean Side by The Kills


Promise by Sade


Brotherhood by New Order



Plus a Jim Croce compy that I think is excellent (albeit far too short, ten tracks only), and a 90s Jesse Colin Young album that's awful.
  • Quote

Organix by The Roots


My Love Is Cool by Wolf Alice

and an album that's surprisingly not on BEA yet:



Struggling Man by Jimmy Cliff (1973)
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Osibisa - Osibirock.
  • Quote

Get Lucky by Loverboy
A Match Made in Heaven
  • Quote

Occupied by U.K. Subs
Arrived this morning, reissue on red vinyl ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote

Only By The Night by Kings Of Leon

Grabbed this on vinyl today.
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:

Organix by The Roots


Classic album.
  • Quote
Today's day trip to the Bournemouth seaside yielded:


Cut by The Slits

66/100. Original UK press too. Lovely. Nice tits.


Some Welsh Language LP with a pop-art cover

It was a fiver. It was on Sain records. I couldn't resist. It's probably naff.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Last week, for my weekly record store trip, I went to my favorite store, End of an Ear, and picked up Fred Frith's solo debut Guitar Solos, which I hadn't heard and is fantastic and recommended for anyone who enjoys music. GY!BE definitely borrowed a technique from the album. Since I've been going to End of an Ear every week for awhile now, I've kind of depleted most things I'd want to buy from them so I visited Antone's this week, which is an Austin staple with a taste that barely if at all aligns with mine, and if it does then they never have the release I really want, but I was able to find Lennie Tristano's Descent into the Maelstrom and Bill Callahan's Dream River. Whenever I go there I typically sift through their cajun/swamp pop 7"s and pick out a handful or two of them to listen to based on the title, and this time I picked up Johnnie Allan's "Secret of Love"/"Nights of Misery" and Cypress City's "The Cajun Rap Song"/"June."

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 199200201 ... 494495496  Next
Page 200 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.