Oboe in rock/pop

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
One of my favourite instruments is the oboe, however it is by no means a stalwart of the rock & pop world. Apart from early Roxy Music & Julian Cope I don't know of any acts who use it extensively. Does anyone have any suggestion where I could look? I'm not so much interested in the odd song, I know a few of those, I am wanting an album where it appears on a good proportion of the tracks.
  • Quote
Sigur Ros used it from time to time, but for the entire albums ? I don't know, maybe this list will help somehow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oboes_in_popular_music
_________________
Always shouts out something obscene

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] SST ROUND 2: (Good Vibrations) vs. Oboe revolver94 Tournaments
[ Poll ] SST ROUND 1: Soul Flower (Remix) vs. ... revolver94 Tournaments
questions on genres (pop punk, jangle... DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
Stoner Rock (or space rock) - Favorites rockbluesfolkjaz Music Diaries
4th Annual BEAMAs - Best Pop Album RockyRaccoon Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.