The Objectively Best Australian Album

Goto page Previous  123456  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Australian Musician Shall Reign Supreme Forever?
Kylie Minogue:
25%
 25%  [6]
Dannii Minogue:
4%
 4%  [1]
Jhereko:
45%
 45%  [11]
David McGorlick:
12%
 12%  [3]
Alt-J/DC:
12%
 12%  [3]
Total Votes : 24

  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he a kiwi?

Yes, he was born in Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand, but also has Australian citizenship.
  • Quote
LoneStarRebel wrote:
I'm not so vast in the music of Australia. So the best Australian album for me could easily change if I were to listen to more Aussie albums. But for now I'd say - yes, the artist is very predictable:

Golden Road by Keith Urban



๐Ÿคก
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
No such thing as Objective album... hehehehe

But I like this one:

Kick by INXS
  • Quote
Oh and I like didgeridoos:

So here's 10 hours of it:


Link
  • Quote
I haven't seen a mention of the Triffids yet; otherwise Midnight Oil.
The choices in the poll don't really represent Australian music
  • Quote
1

Place Without A Postcard by Midnight Oil

2

16 Lovers Lane by The Go-Betweens

3

Abattoir Blues/The Lyre Of Orpheus by Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds

4

Born

5

[url=http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=10691]The Blurred Crusade by The Church
  • Quote
Anything by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. I'd go for Let Love In.
_________________
Always shouts out something obscene
  • Quote
Just noticed that no one posted in this since Currents by Tame Impala came out. I think it's their best album so if they are in consideration I'd say it has to be included.
_________________
Kiki wrote:
You're chart is sooooooooo american. It's like a diner in here.


Check out my new review/pop-culture site MAD DISTRACTION
  • Quote
Personally I'd have to go for:


Cross Paths by The Motifs

Or


(I'm) Stranded by The Saints

Or


Ten Dubs That Shook The World by Sheriff Lindo & The Hammer

With an honourary mention to this 2016 release, which I love to bits:


Up To Anything by The Goon Sax
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
what

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123456  Next
Page 5 of 6


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Most impacting 500 classical composer... RoundTheBend Music
The 10 best Australian bands and thei... uncle albert Music
Best Album Game: Non-North American/U... 40footwolf Tournaments
Best Ever Australian albums - INXS = ... mattybennettpop Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.