Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 237238239 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Anti wrote:

Lazer Guided Melodies by Spiritualized

Vinyl.


Please don't tell me you bought the shitty Plain repress. It's basically a CD pressed onto wax and trash compared to the original.


Dang, that's what it is. Well, at least I got it at a price of $10 from a guy at my school who never opened it because I'm seeing it for around $22 on Amazon.
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Anti wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Anti wrote:

Lazer Guided Melodies by Spiritualized

Vinyl.


Please don't tell me you bought the shitty Plain repress. It's basically a CD pressed onto wax and trash compared to the original.


Dang, that's what it is. Well, at least I got it at a price of $10 from a guy at my school who never opened it because I'm seeing it for around $22 on Amazon.


Yeah, avoid Plain represses... I remember Kevin Shields being pretty pissed about their repress of Loveless. From what I remember, it was something along the lines of what Jim said. They take the digital CD and plop it on wax (which, you probably shouldn't do). It's why I don't have any Mazzy Star records ๐Ÿคฃ

Mind you, for $10, you can't really go wrong with a Spiritualized record. Especially because I think it's the only recent repress of it.
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Anti wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Anti wrote:

Lazer Guided Melodies by Spiritualized

Vinyl.


Please don't tell me you bought the shitty Plain repress. It's basically a CD pressed onto wax and trash compared to the original.


Dang, that's what it is. Well, at least I got it at a price of $10 from a guy at my school who never opened it because I'm seeing it for around $22 on Amazon.


Yeah, avoid Plain represses... I remember Kevin Shields being pretty pissed about their repress of Loveless. From what I remember, it was something along the lines of what Jim said. They take the digital CD and plop it on wax (which, you probably shouldn't do). It's why I don't have any Mazzy Star records :lol:


Damn, I just got duped outta $10, but it could be worse. This is the part of vinyl collecting I should brush up on before making a purchase. However, I did unintentionally avoid purchasing a bad copy of A Blaze In the Northern Sky on wax for a genuine copy, so at least I go that going for me.
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks by Brian Eno

Definitely floating in space with this one. ยฃ3 bargain
  • Quote
A Prince Among Thieves by Prince Paul

Greatest Misses by Public Enemy

Fight With Tools by Flobots

3 Feet High And Rising by De La Soul
  • Quote
Born Again by The Notorious B.I.G.

It Was Written by Nas

The Mix Tape, Vol. IV by Funkmaster Flex
  • Quote

Live From Alabama by Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit


Longtime Companion by Sonny & The Sunsets
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
The Hidden Tapes: A Compilation of Minimal Wave From Around the World '79-'85

Bought it digitally, but, I bought it lol.
It is soo fucking recommended if you have any interest in synth-based music. Almost every single track on this compilation is a gem. Literally half of these tracks are 5-star classic songs that are gonna stick with me. And they're like all obscure artists that released a couple of singles and nothing else so this is the best way to hear them. Cannot get over this thing! Album art kinda sucks though.
  • Quote
Day up in Larrrrrrrrrndarrrrrrrrrrrrn Town at Lord's to see the cricket, followed by a quick hop to Soho to visit a couple of record shops on the way home. Pick up 4 stonkers, all bar one an original:

60s


Sings Rock And Soul by Alton Ellis

A recommendation from Satie many moons ago. Finally found a copy, and an original JA press at that.

70s


The Jason Lodge Poetry Book by Gothic Horizon

Obscure folk/baroque pop curio.

80s


All Part Of Growing Up by Lost Cherrees

Repress, this. Love 'n hugs to Brandon for recommending this a while ago. Post-punk perfection.

90s


Mars Audiac Quintet by Stereolab

2nd original Stereolab press I've managed to acquire after getting Transient Noise Bursts... from a shop in Northampton earlier in the year. There's some right shoddy re-issues of 'Lab albums doing the rounds - don't bother with dem innit...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
And The Anonymous Nobody... by De La Soul

Directors Of Photography by Dilated Peoples

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 237238239 ... 494495496  Next
Page 238 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.