2016 Albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 717273 ... 868788  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
My favourites for this year have been:

    Daughter
    David Bowie
    Frank Ocean
    James Blake
    Kanye West
    Radiohead


Hopefully some other gems drop before the year is out.
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
new Tink tape is fire damn


It is.
  • Quote
New Bon Iver leaked, but it looks like it's a bad rip. Gunna check on it.
  • Quote
so apparently next month we can look forward to a Merzbow/Sun Ra collab of all things

though only one of those two is alive so I guess we're getting some kind of remix thing? Though imagine if there were some lost Merzbow/Sun Ra sessions from the 80s or something. If only...
  • Quote
yeah, remixes of old unreleased recordings. we're actually getting two albums worth tho as the cd and the lp have different content

http://coldspring.co.uk/2016/08/sun-ra-merzbow-strange-city/#.V8ZEy3plDqB
  • Quote
So what's hot at the moment that I may have missed? I've been hiding away in a little bubble for the best part of 5 months now and I'm finally free at last.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:
So what's hot at the moment that I may have missed? I've been hiding away in a little bubble for the best part of 5 months now and I'm finally free at last.


These aren't all super recent releases, as I'm way behind on my listening queue, but these are all albums I've listened to recently that I loved:


Still They Pray by Cough

Painfully beautiful doom metal


What One Becomes by Sumac

Metal from the former frontman of Isis, sort of post-metalish but a bit heavier than that. Has some brilliant moments though


Congrats by Holy Fuck

Electronic noise, pretty similar to the rest of Holy Fuck's work, still really really good though


Introducing Karl Blau by Karl Blau

Karl Blau covering old country tunes, from Townes Van Zandt to Waylon to Tom T. Hall. Totally makes them his own.


The Triad by Pantha Du Prince

Electronic music with a heart. Pantha Du Prince takes electronic music and makes you feel things, paints landscapes, it's great.


Red Sky by Moon Hooch

Two saxophones shadowboxing that will make you get your groove on


Reflections In Real Time by Kilo Kish

Odd, experimental R&B that's hard to describe, but just something you need to experience.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
ayyy new Zomby leaked
  • Quote
Quite liked this:


1-800 Dinosaur Presents Trim by Trim
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Quite liked this:


1-800 Dinosaur Presents Trim by Trim

as you should!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 717273 ... 868788  Next
Page 72 of 88


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016 Lachapelle Music
Most anticipated albums of (early) 2016 alexgagne Music
Cannot Add 2016 Albums Kamens Suggestions
[ Poll ] End of Year recap: 2016 Albums/releas... cestuneblague Music
Satie Listens to 2016 Satie Music Diaries

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.