BMT, Round 1: Jesu vs Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectére Me

View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which album is better?
Jesu:
69%
 69%  [9]
Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectére Me:
30%
 30%  [4]
Total Votes : 13

  • Quote
Round 1 Matchup:


Jesu by Jesu

(nominated by Cellardoor)

vs.


Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectére Me by Abruptum

(nominated by dividesbyzero)



_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
I know that Jesu is likely to win here, because it's a great album but also how can BEA resist metallic shoegaze? But I'd still urge everyone to listen to Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectére Me with an open heart because it is honestly just such a singular record. It's the only example I can thing of of free improvisation in a black metal context, and it easily eschews any gimmickry that you may think that would bring, instead being more in tune than many more "trve" BM records with the rough and raw sense of DIY evil that defined BM in its earliest days. It's noisy and twisted and maybe not as immediately appealing as (the admittedly very good) Jesu, but I say everyone has a little bit of pure darkness in them, so try to bring it to the forefront when you listen to this; it makes all the difference 😈
  • Quote
Jesu was an album I wanted to hear for a while now, so this tourney was a great excuse to finally get around to it. I probably would've loved this if I had listened to this a couple years ago, but I still like it.

But, I'm actually going to give my vote to Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectére Me. It was just a more interesting and engaging album for me. Really solid rec there Gabe. 😉
_________________
  • Quote
Jesu wins, 8-4
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BMT, Round 2: Ace of Spades vs Jesu babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] BMT, Round 1: Dark Space III vs I babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] BMT, Round 2: Oceanic vs Autumn Eternal babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] BMT, Round 3: Vol 4 vs Filosofem babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] BMT, Round 1: Sad Wings of Destiny vs... babyBlueSedan Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.