I just came on here to post the exact same thing but you beat me to it!
So yeh ditto. I second that emotion.
Btw I was lucky enough to hear him perform a live set from Maida Vale studios, London a week ago, via BBC 6Music radio station and he played quite a few songs from the new album. They sounded good. Sounds good on the radio but would have loved to have been at the gig.
M.E.S.H., James Holden, and Rabit albums should be of interest to fans of rhythm-oriented electronic stuff. and the new taylor swiftwill probably get strong reactions.
I guess judging a book by it's cover did the world really need Taylor's own Yeezus?
Yeah, and what else is out there for 2017? I have to say... I've been a bit underwhelmed overall. Cool people, show me the light.
yeah, and what else is out there for 2017? I have to say... I've been a bit underwhelmed overall. Cool people, show me the light.
Albums from Aine O'Dwyer (Gallerais; rated 5/5 by freejazzblog), Colleen, and Craig Taborn & Ikue Mori that you might like, released recently. Have a large backlog of improvised music to listen to and those kinds of releases will continue all the way to the new year (seems like a lot of great stuff is always released in December)
As a fanboi, I personally am looking forward to the albums by Weezer and U2, but I'm not holding my breath either.
I don't think I'll like Weezer album that much, since it sounds like a pretty generic modern pop thing, but I don't blame the band. They said this was gonna be the happy pop album and that it will be followed by a more experimental Black Album. _________________ All time
I don't think I'll like Weezer album that much, since it sounds like a pretty generic modern pop thing, but I don't blame the band. They said this was gonna be the happy pop album and that it will be followed by a more experimental Black Album.
Oh geez. I haven't heard anything about it. I just hope it is nothing like Raditude or Hurley. Those albums should be wiped from history.
I heard some interesting clips from U2's studio stuff (no idea if on here) and I was like YES! why can't they sound like this again... but the idiots that be likely won't allow it to be on the final cut. It was some rad bass line and beat with heavy guitar sounds... but again, likely won't make it to the album. I'm still waiting to have the stuff shelved from the Rick Rubin parties to be released some day, but that likely won't see the light either. And then they have the gaul to release this shit single instead of a decent track. idk, I'm still a U2 FanBoi but the last 10 years have been terrible for that band (even if, for me at least, still better than a lot of things I hear).
I'm trying to listen to new albums from artists I have no idea about each Friday.
This is a Canadian dark-country/folk band. First listen just now, and I'm enjoying it. Vocalist has a relaxed rich baritone. Recommended late night listening. Album came out today.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum