Help Wanted: Data Moderation

Goto page Previous  123 ... 678 ... 141516  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
PurpleHazel wrote:
I do think either AllMusic or Wikipedia sometimes copies the other. Wikipedia's user-generated of course and AllMusic is at least some of the time.[

Very possible they might sometimes copy each other. AllMusic is professionally curated. Wikipedia often provides cross-references at the bottom of each article (so if in doubt, definitely best to check which source [if any] has been used).
  • Quote
I'm not certain if this should be in a different thread but this one might be just as appropriate...

It relates to Capitalisation policy.

I've just moderated the EP for this artist (Adding the Release date)
kuฤka
Because the tracks were all in lowercase, I Capitalised them.

However, I did not Capitalise the Album Title, because it is clearly "stylised" in lower case. (Like the Artist), and would be more "accurate" left as lowercase.

But BEA Policy is to Capitalise Album Titles.https://www.besteveralbums.com/admin_album_help.php

Should these Policy Notes be altered to take these "stylisations" into account?

Mozz
_________________
There is a global map to find out where BEA members are ...
Put yourself on the map: Click here
(Go to Additions ... then Add Marker.)
  • Quote
mozzmozz wrote:
I'm not certain if this should be in a different thread but this one might be just as appropriate...

It relates to Capitalisation policy.

I've just moderated the EP for this artist (Adding the Release date)
kuฤka
Because the tracks were all in lowercase, I Capitalised them.

However, I did not Capitalise the Album Title, because it is clearly "stylised" in lower case. (Like the Artist), and would be more "accurate" left as lowercase.

But BEA Policy is to Capitalise Album Titles.https://www.besteveralbums.com/admin_album_help.php

Should these Policy Notes be altered to take these "stylisations" into account?

Mozz

In this case, IMHO the album title should just be Kuฤka (the case is not generally taken into account for album titles). The fact that the artist is listed in lower case doesn't affect how the album title is listed.

(The band list their name as mixed case on Facebook & all caps on Twitter, so there is a bit of inconsistency over how the artist styles their own name, but that's an aside and doesn't really affect things).
  • Quote
I added a bunch of albums yesterday, and returned to them today to add images and track lists etc. thank you to whoever got there before me, especially for the 139 tracks on Bruce Cockburn's "Rumours of Glory".

They were all added for a list compiling albums produced by T-Bone Burnett.
  • Quote
rkm wrote:
especially for the 139 tracks on Bruce Cockburn's "Rumours of Glory".


You have zdwyatt to thank for that.
I would imagine he would have had to put his fingers in a bucket of iced water after that. ๐Ÿคฃ
_________________
There is a global map to find out where BEA members are ...
Put yourself on the map: Click here
(Go to Additions ... then Add Marker.)
  • Quote
Everytime I'm adding a new album, I can't add month and day of release. Is that normal?
  • Quote
brunotp wrote:
Everytime I'm adding a new album, I can't add month and day of release. Is that normal?

If the album was released before 2004, yes. The ability to add the month and day is only available for albums that came out since 2004.
  • Quote
BEA started collecting release dates in 2014 (some way into the site's existence), so we are still back populating existing albums. Once these are done, the scope could be widened a bit further, but at the moment there's still around 6,000 albums left to do.
  • Quote
I do add track lists etc. when I add anew album. The one thing which I've never been able to manage is artwork. I've tried but failed dismally. can anyone help? I'd love to add artwork when I add an album. Cheers guys.
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
The one thing which I've never been able to manage is artwork. I've tried but failed dismally. can anyone help? I'd love to add artwork when I add an album. Cheers guys.


Hi Johnnyo.
It's a two stage process:
First, click on the "Google Images" link - just below the blank images area - which will open up a new window, with some sample pictures.
Choose a quality picture from the list. I always go for at least 500 x 500 so that the picture appears crisp when displayed in BEA.
Right click and "Open image in new tab" (sometimes this will enlarge it to get a bigger image).
Then right click and "Save image as..." a file on your workstation/laptop.

Secondly, go back to the album admin page and click on the "Choose File" button to upload the picture you just saved on your machine. It should show the file name just to the right of the button.

Hope this helps. ๐Ÿ˜„
Mozz
_________________
There is a global map to find out where BEA members are ...
Put yourself on the map: Click here
(Go to Additions ... then Add Marker.)

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 678 ... 141516  Next
Page 7 of 16


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
New albums/data moderation Norman Bates Suggestions
Data Moderation Romanelli Suggestions
Most Wanted Making Ofs DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
If you could be anything you wanted... Guest Lounge
[ Poll ] 750: Round 3: AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted... Hayden Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.