Underrated and Underappreciated

Goto page Previous  12345
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
pavlov's dog.
  • Quote
AfterHours wrote:
Barbed Wire Maggots - Borbetomagus (1983)


I feel like this one gets a fair amount of attention, but not enough people talk about Zurich. The performances are incredible and the clarity of the recording really lets them shine. I think Barbed Wire Maggots gets a bit too bogged down in the murky production, honestly.
  • Quote
Nektar
  • Quote
Lachapelle wrote:
Nektar


Good one!
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
I feel like this one gets a fair amount of attention.... Barbed Wire Maggots gets a bit too bogged down in the murky production, honestly.

It's mainly because it's on Scaruffi jazz list. He and other supporters of the album probably consider the murky production a plus. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
sethmadsen wrote:
pavlov's dog.


Also schrodingers cat
  • Quote
YoungPunk wrote:
Also schrodingers cat


๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

Touchรฉ!
  • Quote
Tap wrote:
I feel like this one gets a fair amount of attention, but not enough people talk about Zurich. The performances are incredible and the clarity of the recording really lets them shine. I think Barbed Wire Maggots gets a bit too bogged down in the murky production, honestly.


Thanks, Ill give Zurich a shot when I get back around to Jazz.
_________________
Best Classical
Best Films
Best Paintings
  • Quote
PurpleHazel wrote:
It's mainly because it's on Scaruffi jazz list. He and other supporters of the album probably consider the murky production a plus. :D


Yes, without that murk, definitely 7.5/10 maximum ๐Ÿคฃ
_________________
Best Classical
Best Films
Best Paintings
  • Quote
I mean I do get the appeal of the murk so I can't actually be mad about people being into what it does for Barbed Wire Maggots, they just got so much good stuff though. Like Hugh Davies' presence on Work On What Has Been Spoiled and the dry clanging and metal spring stretching sort of sounds he gets out of his crazy instruments playing off of what Borbetomagus are doing and filtered thru the murkier production does something to my brain that I can't explain but it makes it a personal favorite.

I got introduced to them by reading this thing by Keith Fullerton Whitman, a write up for his mailorder site about the 7 inch Coelacanth. It helped that it was on sale for an insane price too, which the internet archive machine has captured

https://web.archive.org/web/20051107111...p;limit=20

I don't have that 7 inch with me here and there aren't any rips of it online. I might just buy it again off of discogs. It's been a while since I heard it but it is really amazing.

So yeah all I really want to say is that Borbetomagus are awesome.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345
Page 5 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Overrated Underrated Bands and Underr... Guest Music
Underrated bands and songs of the 80s DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
Bands who are underrated ... And you ... thomas697 Music
Be here now -Oasis's soul. most under... sisruudirlibo Music
Most overrated and underrated album o... DJTommy Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.