Video Game Music... Again

Goto page Previous  1234567  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
I tend to spend a lot of time with the videogames I do play, but don't play many. Many of those, the sound and music usually goes hand in hand with the environment e.g., the music of Skyrim is beautiful and sometimes transcendental when walking around that environment, but I can't imagine myself listening to it outside of the game, same with something from the Ico line of games. I sometimes find myself humming melodies from Castlevania: Vampire Killer; Bloody Tears; Simon's Theme. But some tracks that have really stuck with me and I do listen to on their own are Besaid, Servants of the Mountain, and A Fleeting Dream, all from Final Fantasy X. Pretty vanilla response, but I think Uematsu really shines in this arena.


I do understand the sentiment of listening to game tunes out of the context. But weirdly enough I never had this problem. But speaking about RPG's, those soundtracks can be super long. I mean I've 5 to 6 hours worth of material.
  • Quote
Some more 'atmospheric' tracks from some games that I love, these in particular would catch my attention.


Link



Link



Link
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
Tap wrote:
sega genesis FM synth capabilities are underrated, here is one I found out about recently


Link


If we are talking about dope Sega Genesis soundtracks, this unreleased game has some jams.


Link


I see those and raise you with a...


Link


Or Bare Knuckle 2 as you may know it over there. The sound of my teenage years - the whole soundtrack is bloody marvellous GRAND UPPAAAAH!....
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Thanks for the responses everyone. Some great choices and stuff I had not heard.

I still get a kick out of MIDI rock!


Link
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Link



Link

I have these two games. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sometimes I miss my younger days.
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
Video games have influenced my music taste in a whole variety of ways, personal favourites being...


Link



Link



Link



Link


And of course this bad boy.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Official Soundtrack Box Set by Various Artists

Honourable shout-out to the Spyro the Dragon trilogy also.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:
And of course this bad boy.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Official Soundtrack Box Set by Various Artists

Yes! hip hip hurray for rockstar and this OST, one of the reasons I got into music as a child, that billy idol track is automatically a win

Also happy Bday mate
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
Yes! hip hip hurray for rockstar and this OST, one of the reasons I got into music as a child, that billy idol track is automatically a win

Also happy Bday mate


It's a hugely important album for me that completely broadened my music horizons, could easily make my overall chart (once I finish my reworkings...), even if it is a massive compilation album at heart, I went hiking around the west of Ireland a few years back with a 4GB iPod for company (one of those classic nano's, gave me many good years), anyway, this album was a mainstay during those hikes, despite the sheer amount of space it took up. Worth it.

Also, cheers mate! I'm getting old, was still a teenager when I joined BEA...
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
Patman360 wrote:
And of course this bad boy.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Official Soundtrack Box Set by Various Artists

Yes! hip hip hurray for rockstar and this OST, one of the reasons I got into music as a child, that billy idol track is automatically a win

Also happy Bday mate


Absolutely. Also, and I think I've mentioned this before, the soundtrack to Tony Hawk's Underground is incredible. When I look back at the artists, I realize how much it shaped my hip hop listening especially.

Aceyalone, Busdriver, Cannibal Ox, Deltron 3030, Jurassic 5, MF DOOM, J-Live, Mr. Lif, Murs, Nas, People Under the Stairs, Quasimoto, RA the Rugged Man! Got a bit light headed writing that.


Link
  • Quote
one of these days I'm just gonna stream for y'all me playing my Game Gear just because the game library for that thing has the actual best 8-bit music ever composed. Outrun for the GG might actually top the OG arcade version for music

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234567  Next
Page 3 of 7


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
[ Poll ] Best Music Video(TEST) Take #2 (And A... GARY Music
Off again / On again videoheadcleaner Suggestions
What is your favorite video game music? mark520 Tournaments
Video Game Music Zoso Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.