Please listen to both albums in full before voting. Share your thoughts and/or your vote in this thread. This poll will be tallied in no fewer than twenty-eight days and no more than forty-two days. See Tournament Spreadsheet for the full bracket. _________________ Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
RockyRaccoonIs it solipsistic in here or is it just me?ModeratorProfile Maryland
After first brush, I thought that Courtneys album was just going to be some standard, GOOD riot-grrrrlll/punkish indie rock like I'd heard a hundred times before. But after three listens, I'm hooked. This stuff is catchy and it proves once again how tough & unique it is to right a super infectious pop hook. But this does the trick for me and its been seemingly duct-taped into the cd deck of my car.
Courtneys.
baystateoftheartNeil Young as a butternut squashProfile Massachusetts
Yes, admittedly The Courtneys' album is nothing new. But it's a really well-executed take on feel-good female-fronted indie guitar pop. I love it. The Jesca Hoop album is good too. However, I don't always like her vocal phrasing. So a clear win for The Courtneys in my book. _________________ Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
RoundTheBendI miss the comfort in being sadProfile Ground Control
Hoop! There it is!
Hoop! There it is!
Hoop! There it is!
Hoop! There it is!
Hoop! There it is!
Hoop! There it is!
Hoop! There it is!
Hoop! There it is!
Purplepashranker, rater, & music list makerProfile Western Australia
On paper The Courtneys should have been an album I would like, but for some reason it just didn't click with me. Maybe it would grow on me with familiarity but after listening to it not long after it came out I never felt the desire to give it another go.
It seems like there has been quite a few indie folk singer/songwriter type albums chosen and so far this has been the best one yet, vocally, lyrically, and musically. I really enjoyed this. A bit more idiosyncratic then the rest...reminded me just a little bit of Regina Spektor and Suzanne Vega...two artists I really like. Gets my vote here.
mickilennialThe Most Trusted Name in NewsProfile Detroit
The Lost Sky is one of the best songs of 2017 and you can't tell me it isn't. But ye, Courtney's were good but I'm obviously more into the Hoop record.
babyBlueSedanUsed to be sort of blind, now can sort of seeProfile
Not in love with either of these but I went with Memories Are Now. The Courtneys were fun but I think Hoop's record had more depth. _________________ And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum