You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 148149150 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
From Rocka:


Shake Some Action by The Flamin' Groovies

A nice fun power pop album with some appreciated variety (a bit of rock n roll, a bit of pop), and a cool garagey sound. I enjoyed it.

For glynspsa:


Vibe Killer by Endless Boogie
  • Quote
just listened to:
Vibe Killer by Endless Boogie

Very interesting album, i like it best when the band is jamming, a nice heavy take on a jam band kind of cross hybrid. Really like the guitars. The vocals are definitely the weakest part to me but are interesting. i already added to my yearly chart and am sure ill give it a spin again sometime. The intro to track 2 was my favorite part of the entire album great psychedelic guitar licks.


my recommendation:
Creature Feature by Satan's Pilgrims
  • Quote
It's been a bit. I feel like I have an album to listen to? Help.
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
It's been a bit. I feel like I have an album to listen to? Help.


On the previous page I recommended you You Don't Mess Around with Jim
_________________
Don't get work up over my posts. I'm an idiot.
Rantings on my Top 100
My podcast
  • Quote
jdenny2018 wrote:
On the previous page I recommended you You Don't Mess Around with Jim


Ok.
  • Quote


I finished this and it was great. Short sweet and to the point. Not an album I'd go crazy over, but realistically a quality album I would go back to. Though I gave it an 80, reasonably it is more of an 85.
Now my choice.
Hmm...

Here is Janis Joplin's 1969 album
I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama!
  • Quote

I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama! by Janis Joplin

This is fantastic her best album was VERY familiar with this record already. I am a 60'sjunkie especially san francisco hippie bands. This is probably my favorite solo Janis album a great melange of blues garage rock and psychedelia. Janis is a unique talent that really can bring the passion. I honestly didn't listen again but i have heard this record dozens and dozens of times.

REcomendation:
It's Monster Surfing Time by The Deadly Ones
  • Quote
From Denny:


The 5000 Spirits Or The Layers Of The Onion by The Incredible String Band

Look I know I’ve been away for awhile and this isn’t the exact album you recommended but hey, I’d heard that one. Plus I got in a bit of hot water last time I skipped over one I had heard (no disrespect baystate) and theirs is a catalog I wanted to explore further. Now, right off the bat, I’m going to admit that The Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter is the superior record. Although this one is a close second. Judging by the cover alone, I thought this was going to be the more ambitious of the two but it’s kind of the exact opposite. It’s more grounded, at least melodically and sonically speaking, and that’s something great. Lyrically however, they’re a bit everywhere. One minute they’re dwelling in a scattered and futuristic - at least the idea of it people would’ve conjured up in the late sixties - pocket world filled with lucid dreaming and the next they’re trying their hand at satrising their contemporaries. In summation, it’s a fascinating record and I’m feeling a moderate 8 on this one. And many thanks Denny for motivating me to pick these guys up again.

From baystate:


Heavenly Vs. Satan by Heavenly

I hope you’re not mad or dissatisfied with me in any way, because I really intended no offence with that remark and to top it off, I don’t have much to say about this album. It’s another great example of the Talulah Gosh ex-members’ fiery twee-pop chemistry. To think that they bounced back so quickly to create something this marvellous is rather awe-inspiring. Other than that, this isn’t exactly a genre benchmark or some modest work of art but it ticks all the boxes when it comes to what I look for in records like these. And that’s all, I guess. I really appreciate it mate and I can totally see my coming back and seeking out a physical copy.

Well glynspa, since you liked Disco Inferno so much, how about trying your hand at this?


Refried Ectoplasm (Switched On Volume 2) by Stereolab

(F.Y.I. I have no idea what your stance is on shoegaze or dream pop. Especially when it’s presented like this.)
_________________
Some RYM paraphernalia:

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]


Last edited by Komorebi-D on 10/29/2018 22:07; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote

Rolling Thunder by Mickey Hart

It's good, but I'd rather just listen to The Grateful Dead. Mickey is probably my lest favorite part of the band, and, like a lot of people, Drums/ Space is not my favorite part of a Dead Set. (Although, there are some good ones.)

Komorebi


Engineers by Engineers
  • Quote
Komorebi-D wrote:
I hope you’re not mad or dissatisfied with me in any way, because I really intended no offence with that remark and to top it off, I don’t have much to say about this album. It’s another great example of the Talulah Gosh ex-members’ fiery twee-pop chemistry. To think that they bounced back so quickly to create something this marvellous is rather awe-inspiring. Other than that, this isn’t exactly a genre benchmark or some modest work of art but it ticks all the boxes when it comes to what I look for in records like these. And that’s all, I guess. I really appreciate it mate and I can totally see my coming back and seeking out a physical copy.


I'm not dissatisfied at all! Glad you enjoyed the record 😄
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 148149150 ... 197198199  Next
Page 149 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.