greatest guitar solo

Goto page Previous  12345678
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
Michael1981 wrote:
dihansse wrote:


Btw thx Michael for recommending New Day Dawning: indeed a very lyrical guitar solo.


Oh, that's cool you like it. So out of character for a jangly indie band as well. I wish I could remember the Carpenters track they stole from to give some credit here but it's gone from the memory banks!

Iโ€™ve done a bit of research and that Carpenters song should be Goodbye To Love, the only Carpentersโ€™ track to have a fuzzy guitar solo. I havenโ€™t listened to it yet though.


Thx. Strangely, it's not ringing any bells but that must be right! I think the solo is only on a live album of theirs.
  • Quote
vancevisuals wrote:
In answer to the question " why I Saw Her Standing There".

Assuming you have heard the song and the guitar solo, I don'the understand why you are asking unless that style of music is not your preference.

I think it is the best best song and solo from the first half of the 60's.

A guitar solo, in my opinion, should compliment and enhance a song, not dominate it. All the choices I had listed do exactly that including George Harrison.


I was wondering for two reasons:

1) George Harrison probably has 20 other guitar solos which do what you suggest as well if not better.
2) I'll leave it at that.

I suppose I was wondering the logic not of a good guitar solo, but why that choice specifically as opposed to other options by George Harrison.
  • Quote
My favorite guitar solos by George Harrison

As a Beatle
1- Something
2- I'm Only Sleeping
3- Tomorrow Never Knows

As a solo artist
1- Simply Shady
2- World of Stone
3- The Bluest Blues (Alvin Lee song plays the slide guitar solo)
  • Quote
vancevisuals wrote:
My favorite guitar solos by George Harrison


3- Tomorrow Never Knows



This is Paul's solo from Taxman played backwards.
_________________
Top 40 Greatest Music Albums by indieshins
  • Quote
Thereโ€™s a category of solo I enjoy, from the pop/rock genre that largely doesnโ€™t exist anymore. Elliot Easton from The Cars exemplifies this sort of thing... a perfect little melodic solo with a bit of flash and interest in the middle of a frivolous pop song.


Link
  • Quote
I have heard that before. It is really not clear cut.
I prefer to accept the original credits that credit Harrison as the lead guitarist as it was closest to when the recording was actually made however to play it "safe", switch Tomorrow Never Knows with either the Phil Spector version of Letter It Be, Old Brown Shoe or And your Bird Can Sing.
  • Quote
What Goes On- The Velvet Underground (lead guitar solo in the middle and rythm guitar solo at the end. Both unbelievable.)
  • Quote

Link

This whole song is one giant solo, but around 9:05 is where it gets epic.
_________________
  • Quote
it isn't my go-to style but the solo at the end of Freebird is amazing. lately for the holidays I've been listening to a lot of Black Sabbath so the dual guitar solo of NIB comes to mind, also the series of solos near the end of Black Sabbath's Warning.

OMG I just learned that Warning wasn't written by Black Sabbath, that's a cover... I'm shook. Who the hell is The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345678
Page 8 of 8


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
The Greatest Greatest Hits Albums rkm Music
[ Poll ] Best Wu-Tang Solo Album Guest Music
4th Annual BEAMAs - Best Solo Female ... Wombi Tournaments
What artists were better when they we... bobbyb5 Music
Rating Band-Solo Artists. Jabapac Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.