Rank 'Em: The Beach Boys

Goto page Previous  123 ... 575859 ... 174175176  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Quote:
Seriously great genre that I never really got into before I guess because it was... you know... country. My loss. Because this stuff is rules.


That's right ya city slicker.

Make sure to listen to the whole gang. (Here are the ones with 3 names)


Once Upon A Rhyme by David Allan Coe


Old Five And Dimers Like Me by Billy Joe Shaver


Link



Jerry Jeff Walker by Jerry Jeff Walker

a few others


Link



Honky Tonk Masquerade by Joe Ely
  • Quote
Nice!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ


Will make my way through these one by one. I've listened to Jo Ely before. I LOVE The Flatlanders! Discovered them just last year and they really need to be mentioned in the same breath as Gram Parsons if u ask me.
  • Quote
AOTD 2.6 The Super Group
File Under: 70s Country



Trio by Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt And Emmylou Harris

Old school country. The harmonies shine. The songs are perfectly selected and tastefully played. To show such restraint in the production and gloss in 1987 is something of a miracle. It's almost impossible to believe such a tasteful, modest production could win the day. Easily one of the best country albums from the 70s. A must listen for anyone interested in 70s country.

Grade: A. Essential!
  • Quote
If you haven't already heard them, I highly recommend the following release from the past two years. I think it's all stuff that would resonate with you:


At Weddings by Tomberlin


Minus by Daniel Blumberg


129 Dreamless GMG by Erica Eso


Obey by Exploded View


Reward by Cate Le Bon


My Finest Work Yet by Andrew Bird



Miss Universe by Nilรผfer Yanya


Placeholder by Hand Habits
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
If you haven't already heard them, I highly recommend the following release from the past two years. I think it's all stuff that would resonate with you:


Nice!!! Thanks, Mecca! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
big endorsement from me on that Nilรผfer Yanya album
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
big endorsement from me on that Nilรผfer Yanya album


As a big art pop fan, I'm kind of surprised the Cate le Bon record isn't towards the top of your list for 2019
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
As a big art pop fan, I'm kind of surprised the Cate le Bon record isn't towards the top of your list for 2019


Yeah! Loving this Cate Le Bon album. I get to see her at Pitchfork this summer. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Tilly wrote:
Yeah! Loving this Cate Le Bon album. I get to see her at Pitchfork this summer. :D


...and that Hand Habits album is equally great, intimate indie pop! Listening now.
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
As a big art pop fan, I'm kind of surprised the Cate le Bon record isn't towards the top of your list for 2019

prob cause i havent heard it afaik

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 575859 ... 174175176  Next
Page 58 of 176


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED Let's Rank 23: The Beach Boys ... RepoMan Music
Rank 'Em: Ozzy Osbourne CA Dreamin Music
Beach Boys Reunite Guest Music
[ Poll ] Beach Boys Albums outside of Pet soun... newbands1 Music
[ Poll ] Which is better: The Beach Boys or Th... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.