If you have not already, please listen to both albums in full before voting. Share your thoughts and/or your vote in this thread. This poll will be tallied in no fewer than twenty-eight days. See Tournament Spreadsheet for the full bracket. _________________ Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
cestuneblagueOtana, but No HitoProfile Straight Outta Ballard
I very much liked Phil Elverum's A Crow Looked At Me because it was so sad and self-searching. Like many other people I was getting a bit worn out by a second version of the same album. It's certainly different from Crow and in some ways it's sometimes even better but it just feels strange to hear the same feelings in another album.
And Idiot Proverbs was already part of my 2018 chart so I'll go for that.
RoundTheBendI miss the comfort in being sadProfile Ground Control
Alright, I think I've decided... while Mount Eerie still has a level of honesty few artists are able to convey, and even last years thing was my selection due to that, Tiny Little Houses has my vote solely on the fact that if I were to chose between the records to listen to at any given time, I'll bet my mood/kid at heart in me would totally pick Tiny Little Houses before I listened to the Mount Eerie record again, as fantastic of a record it is.
baystateoftheartNeil Young as a butternut squashProfile Massachusetts
Now Only is far better than A Crow Looked At Me, as the time elapsed since the wound of loss allows him to write better, more developed, and more poetic songs about life as a widower. Great album.
Idiot Proverbs has really good instrumentals for the most part, but the title is often an apt description of its lyrical quality... a pretty good album overall, but easily the lesser in this contest. _________________ Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
FischmanRockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMasterProfile Land of Enchantment
How does one realise that their malaise is generic, and thus - presumably - less valid than a specific malaise? Asking for a friend.
I just don't care for moaning, groaning, complaining, whining, and bitching. Especially when just generally doing so about some general state of affairs in a world of plenty. It's pathetic.
Now, if you've had some specific horrific event in your life, then there's actually some cause for complaint.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum