You know what's a good album...

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
GARY wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:
I feel like such a Debbie Downer around here lately, but there have been threads about nearly all of the acclaim giants that I can't stand, and The Who is in that list. Who's Next is the only album I've heard by them, and it's not an experience I want to endure again!




So you judge bands by only listening to one album ?

The WHO have 11 studio albums, how do you know if the other 10 are not great albums and you might actually find yourself liking The WHO ๐Ÿค”

.

When I dislike the best album of a band, I'll go listen to something else. There's too much music out there to be discovered. You can't listen to every bands' discography.

Except for The Who. You're obligated to listen to all their albums, because they just fuckin' rock.
  • Quote
GARY wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:
I feel like such a Debbie Downer around here lately, but there have been threads about nearly all of the acclaim giants that I can't stand, and The Who is in that list. Who's Next is the only album I've heard by them, and it's not an experience I want to endure again!




So you judge bands by only listening to one album ?

The WHO have 11 studio albums, how do you know if the other 10 are not great albums and you might actually find yourself liking The WHO ๐Ÿค”

.




The Who made this album in 1975 and it is not "bombastic" at all. But It's still a great one. ๐Ÿ˜







Link




Link




Link




The Who didn't know how to make a bad album.







.
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
๐Ÿคฃ The threads been hijacked
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
:lol: The threads been hijacked




Sorry outlaw ๐Ÿซข


But for someone to dislike a band after only listening to 1 of their albums, well.......













.
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
GARY wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:
:lol: The threads been hijacked




Sorry outlaw ๐Ÿซข


But for someone to dislike a band after only listening to 1 of their albums, well.......













.


Understandable ๐Ÿ˜œ I know there are people who can dislike a band before they have heard one album
  • Quote
GARY wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:
I feel like such a Debbie Downer around here lately, but there have been threads about nearly all of the acclaim giants that I can't stand, and The Who is in that list. Who's Next is the only album I've heard by them, and it's not an experience I want to endure again!




So you judge bands by only listening to one album ?

The WHO have 11 studio albums, how do you know if the other 10 are not great albums and you might actually find yourself liking The WHO ๐Ÿค”

.


I've heard plenty singles from them as well. While mine may not be the most informed of opinions, hearing about 25 songs from an artist and not liking a single one offers a pretty good indication that the band just isn't for me.
  • Quote
I don't know. I couldn't actually tell you anything that's WRONG with the album, but somehow I've never been able to fall in love with any of the songs on this album except for Won't Get Fooled Again (and, to a lesser extent, Bargain). But I will say that it is a very consistent album without a single bad song that just fails to strike my fancy.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED - BTT RD 3- The Opener v If Yo... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED-2018 BTT RD2- If You Know You ... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2018 BTT BF- Spells vs If You Know Yo... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] Closed- 2018 BTT- if You Know You Kno... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.