Chart talk

Goto page Previous  123 ... 408409410 ... 424425426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Spyglass wrote:
I know you like doomy shit. Checked out the new My Dying Bride yet?


I'm only listening to rap albums, apologies. Should've made that clearer.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I'm only listening to rap albums, apologies. Should've made that clearer.


So you haven't even heard the new Fiona Apple????

Also, this new Emmure album Hindsight is pretty decent shit. The used to suck but I like the new music.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802
  • Quote
Spyglass wrote:
So you haven't even heard the new Fiona Apple????


I like it. Not sure how to rank it against BlueBucksClan, ComptonAssTG, or YN Jay, though.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I like it. Not sure how to rank it against BlueBucksClan, ComptonAssTG, or YN Jay, though.


I'm a bit surprised at this statement since your overall chart is quite diverse and certainly not a typical one.

You probably don't need the lecture, but just in case, I look at it like this. Instead of comparing it directly to Fiona Apple, I'd compare other hip hop albums to other hip hop albums. So far, there hasn't been a hip hop album that could match anything like A Piece of Strange, Atliens, M.I.A. or Imperial for a few examples. So none of them are perfect IMO, but Fetch the Bolt Cutters is a perfect album for its style, and so is NO DREAM by Jeff Rosenstock. So those two are the top two. Basically, Fiona Apple's new album is a better pop album than the hip hop albums are hip hop albums.

If you need to look at another chart for some examples, I'll show you mine. Since it's not perfected or complete yet, I'd prefer if you withheld commenting and voting, but I won't stop you in case you have any recs.

https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=59362

But this year has still been a good one for hip hop. I'm still looking forward to the new Clipping. I heard there was a limited pre-release, and I haven't found the album anywhere yet so I'll wait for October 23. I'll most likely update this chart then.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802
  • Quote
Spyglass wrote:
I'm a bit surprised at this statement since your overall chart is quite diverse and certainly not a typical one.

You probably don't need the lecture, but just in case, I look at it like this. Instead of comparing it directly to Fiona Apple, I'd compare other hip hop albums to other hip hop albums. So far, there hasn't been a hip hop album that could match anything like A Piece of Strange, Atliens, M.I.A. or Imperial for a few examples. So none of them are perfect IMO, but Fetch the Bolt Cutters is a perfect album for its style, and so is NO DREAM by Jeff Rosenstock. So those two are the top two. Basically, Fiona Apple's new album is a better pop album than the hip hop albums are hip hop albums.

If you need to look at another chart for some examples, I'll show you mine. Since it's not perfected or complete yet, I'd prefer if you withheld commenting and voting, but I won't stop you in case you have any recs.

https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=59362

But this year has still been a good one for hip hop. I'm still looking forward to the new Clipping. I heard there was a limited pre-release, and I haven't found the album anywhere yet so I'll wait for October 23. I'll most likely update this chart then.


I just don't really give it that much thought, but fair enough. Just felt like doing a rap only chart.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Spyglass wrote:
I just made a chart full of albums with a DIY aesthetic. There's lots of indie rock, folk and punk.

https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802


Way too goddamn underrated - both as aesthetic in art and the list!
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
Thanks for the comment and vote.

I get tired of the polished sound sometimes. And I think indie's a pretty big deal on places like this anyway. There's a lot of love for Doolittle here.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Updated, for the first time in years. Get it while it's hot.


Excellent
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
After roughly two years here I finally have an overall chart that really represent the music I love.
It's a bit weird and much too focused on 90s and after electronic, but anyway, it's here for those interested.
  • Quote
I posted a ranking of Wire's studio catalogue. I haven't played any of their live albums yet and I'm not in the mood to, but if anyone wants to see it its right here.

https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=62767

I was a little surprised that I had to add Manscape.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 408409410 ... 424425426  Next
Page 409 of 426


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Laughing Stock (Talk Talk) VS Neon Bi... Behrus58 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Talk Talk def. The... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Talk Talk, Music Machine 1966 ffudnebbuh Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Talk Talk def. Chrome videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - EF: Wire def. Talk Talk videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.