2020 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... , 565758  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
How am I only just hearing Footsie's album? Best grime in years. Check it out. It's called No Favours, and it is the best selection of grime beats, and the best grime rapping, I haved heard in so, so long. A masterpiece.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
How am I only just hearing Footsie's album? Best grime in years. Check it out. It's called No Favours, and it is the best selection of grime beats, and the best grime rapping, I haved heard in so, so long. A masterpiece.


I cannot stress this enough. KitchenSink, PossiblyMichigan, travelful, (maybe Repo, maybe Hayden, maybe kokkinos,) get on it. That Prez T feature is ridic. Whole thing flies.

EDIT: Also, it's 41 and a half minutes long, the ideal album length.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:

Take Root Among The Stars by Roots Magic

This rocks. Or jazzs. Picked it from the bandcamp jazz list. These Italians surely know how to free jazz cover stuff.


Yeah, that was pretty hot. Much thanks for the post/rec!
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I cannot stress this enough. KitchenSink, PossiblyMichigan, travelful, (maybe Repo, maybe Hayden, maybe kokkinos,) get on it. That Prez T feature is ridic. Whole thing flies.

EDIT: Also, it's 41 and a half minutes long, the ideal album length.


I'll check it out tomorrow
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I cannot stress this enough. KitchenSink, PossiblyMichigan, travelful, (maybe Repo, maybe Hayden, maybe kokkinos,) get on it. That Prez T feature is ridic. Whole thing flies.

EDIT: Also, it's 41 and a half minutes long, the ideal album length.

alright yeah that was dope. big fan of Newham Generals (and Nasty Crew although not much in that catalogue) and haven't heard much from them in awhile (although apparently there was some Newham Generals archival thing that dropped this year I should check out), but yeah this majorly scratched that itch. big up for rec. 41 min not even close to the perfect album length though smh not even top 10 lengths
_________________
A Variety of Artists
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I cannot stress this enough. KitchenSink, PossiblyMichigan, travelful, (maybe Repo, maybe Hayden, maybe kokkinos,) get on it. That Prez T feature is ridic. Whole thing flies.

EDIT: Also, it's 41 and a half minutes long, the ideal album length.


It'll go in the queue ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote

Flow States by Marshall Allen, Roscoe Mitchell, Milford Graves, Scott Robinson

after being unable to find this online anywhere I finally just bought the CD and guess what it's great. if anyone wants a fully legal and non-BEA-implicating way to listen PM me
_________________
A Variety of Artists
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I cannot stress this enough. KitchenSink, PossiblyMichigan, travelful, (maybe Repo, maybe Hayden, maybe kokkinos,) get on it. That Prez T feature is ridic. Whole thing flies.

EDIT: Also, it's 41 and a half minutes long, the ideal album length.



Why am I not one of the cool kids


Also what's some good Detroit or really any midwest rap albums from 2020
  • Quote
cestuneblague wrote:
Skinny wrote:
I cannot stress this enough. KitchenSink, PossiblyMichigan, travelful, (maybe Repo, maybe Hayden, maybe kokkinos,) get on it. That Prez T feature is ridic. Whole thing flies.

EDIT: Also, it's 41 and a half minutes long, the ideal album length.



Why am I not one of the cool kids


Also what's some good Detroit or really any midwest rap albums from 2020


Ignorant street stuff (pretty much all of which I preferred this year to the stuff underneath):


City On My Back by Rio Da Yung OG (Flint)


Ghetto Rich Niggaz by Payroll Giovanni & Peezy (Detroit)


Coochie Land by YN Jay (Flint)


Skuba Sada 2 by Sada Baby (Detroit)

Slightly more grown-up stuff:


The Blue Tape by Tree (Chicago)


White People Love Algorithms by Chris Crack (Chicago)


Manger On McNichols by Boldy James & Sterling Toles (Detroit)


Innocent Country 2 by Quelle Chris & Chris Keys (Detroit)


Alfredo by Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist (Gary)
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
How am I only just hearing Footsie's album? Best grime in years. Check it out. It's called No Favours, and it is the best selection of grime beats, and the best grime rapping, I haved heard in so, so long. A masterpiece.

2020 has been probably my weakest year in at least a decade when it comes to finding new music, but out of what I've listened, this takes the first spot quite convincingly. Fantastic discovery.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... , 565758  Next
Page 57 of 58


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
2020 Albums JOSweetHeart Music
2020 albums rising more slowly on ove... hwex9000 Suggestions
2020's albums migl Suggestions
2020 Rank Scores PanheadWarrior Suggestions
BEA 2020/2021 Songs Tournament LedZep Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.