Gizzard released their second album of the year and moved to more of a psychedelic pop direction. They pull influences most notably from Tame Impala and Flaming Lips but still sound unique.
Indie Pop band Islands released their new album Islomania. Itโs very safe yet very catchy pop with a tropical feel to it. There are some very good songs on this record and I recommend putting in the queue.
Should add that there's a 2004 balafon record from Kรฉlรฉtigui Diabatรฉ that sits on my Africa chart. Sandiya. I can't think of any reason not to give it a rec if you enjoyed Dagara. I imagine they'll be somewhat similar. (Once again, will give it a listen in a sec 8-[).
I sure will check it out, thanks!
Would like to recommend this little jewel of a sunshiny baroquy sophisticated but lo-key indie pop gem
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
I Stand Corrected by E.R. Jurken
that's going high up on the chart as of today. Reminded me of Gorky's Zygotic Mynci and Eric Matthews/Cardinal/Richard Davies, quite a feat.
I'm having difficulty linking albums, but I just want to give a quick shoutout to these recent releasesโ
Your Old Droog - Time
La La - Mito
Louis DeCicco - Folk For Camera
Don Zilla - Ekizikiza Mubwengula
Time's one of the best hip-hop releases of the year, easy. Great guest verses too. Aesop Rock, Blu, MF DOOM, Elzhi, Wiki, Mick Jenkins, all great slots. Droog has been impressing me a lot recently. I think he's one of the best rappers in the game right now.
La La's release came quietly, but it's one of the better releases I've heard this year. Latin pop/Folk
DeCicco's record was played on a whim. Very pleasant guitarwork.
Don Zilla's a Nyege Nyege roster.
I think all four are on Bandcamp. No reason not to give them a stream. _________________ Doubles & Conch
Thanks
For the rec. was eyeing that album earlier. Will check it out. I heard this one yesterday and I was very very impressed and even delighted by the sound/style of this band. Itโs Peogressive Death Metal, but thereโs something insouciant or playful about it or a willingness to ones do whatever regardless of genre limitations.
No probs. Sounds and looks interesting. I'll check this out sometime this weekend.
Finally got to this sometime last week. This was wonderful. If you ever wonder why some people can describe death metal records as "jazzy," this is a great example. _________________ ...and for dessert!
That recent Wiki & NAH is great. Fidgety, distorted, unpredictable beats, and Wiki nimbly negotiating everything with his trademark everyman humour and traditionalist NYC internals. Recommended to Danny Brown fans. _________________ 2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum