Album of the day (#359): American Idiot by Green Day

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
When this album first came out I was going through the same Green-Day-is-so-gay-lolololol phase that every teenage male has to go through at some point. But then I decided to pull this album out a few months ago and give it a more serious listen now that I know what good music is, and I was surprised to find that this album is actually kind of brilliant. Every tune on the album is catchy as hell, and the story, while vague, is pretty damn powerful. Some may find this album annoying and cliche, and that's certainly a justifiable opinion, but for me this album's just too damn much fun.
  • Quote
Glad to see there is support for this album, one of the main defenders of rock & roll music in the third millennium.

Clearly there is a lot of silent support for it, but I believe what Hayden meant with "this site does not like it" is that this FORUM does not like it. I have had to take several beatings for openly stating that it's a keeper.
  • Quote
Bork wrote:
Glad to see there is support for this album, one of the main defenders of rock & roll music in the third millennium.

Clearly there is a lot of silent support for it, but I believe what Hayden meant with "this site does not like it" is that this FORUM does not like it. I have had to take several beatings for openly stating that it's a keeper.


Hey, Bork, have you ever listened to Care Bears On Fire? Despite their cheesy scene-calibur band name, I think you'd really love them. They're almost like a modern, Go-Go-ified version of the Ramones, and they're full of great riffs and analog production quality.
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
Bork wrote:
Glad to see there is support for this album, one of the main defenders of rock & roll music in the third millennium.

Clearly there is a lot of silent support for it, but I believe what Hayden meant with "this site does not like it" is that this FORUM does not like it. I have had to take several beatings for openly stating that it's a keeper.


Hey, Bork, have you ever listened to Care Bears On Fire? Despite their cheesy scene-calibur band name, I think you'd really love them. They're almost like a modern, Go-Go-ified version of the Ramones, and they're full of great riffs and analog production quality.


Never heard of but will check them out. Thanks for the suggestion.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED- BNMAT- Moon and Antarctica de... JMan Tournaments
Does Liking American Idiot Make Me a ... Alt-Rocker77 Music
World album of the day (#359): Figure... albummaster Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.