In Remembrance Of Those Who Are Gone

Goto page Previous  123 ... 636465 ... 878889  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
rostasi wrote:
The Mighty Diamondsโ€™ Lead Singer Tabby Diamond Killed in Drive-by Shooting (March 29)

then 3 days later...

Another Diamond in the Sky, Fitzroy โ€œBunny Diamondโ€ Simpson Passes Away.

Can't post links here, but my feelings can be summed up in a paragraph that I posted
as an introduction to a three and a half hour Mixcloud mix I made a few years ago:

Quote:
While living in a town of only about 2500 people, I had a radio show on a Dallas station while in high school. Virgin Records used to send promos and handwritten letters to me when it was a very small operation. Early on, reggae played a very small part - a B. B. Seaton single would arrive, for instance, with little fanfare from me. Then, one day, a package arrived with an advance copy of The Mighty Diamonds album "Right Time" and I was absolutely floored by its sound. This was what reggae should be all about. It was definitely going to be played on my next show (before it was even officially released). Totally enraptured, I was an immediate convert - stretching all the way to today - 45 years later. The first 7 minutes of this mix is a mini-mix of excerpts from the later named Virgin "Front Line" series (1978).


I had no idea. Hadn't heard anything about this. RIP both of them. Word is Bunny didn't know Tabby had been killed.


Right Time by Mighty Diamonds

Right Time is usually a summer staple for me. One of my all-time favourite reggae records.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Punk legend Jordan โ€“ aka Pamela Rooke โ€“ has died.
  • Quote
Just read that Bobby Rydell has left this planet. Funny, one of the familiar names of Pop history but I just went thru his hits and the only song that I really knew was Jingle Bell Rock.
_________________
When the stewardess is near do not show any fear.
  • Quote
Chris Bailey, lead singer of The Saints, dies


Link
  • Quote


RIP Orlando Julius.

Some of his records you should check outโ€”


Jaiyede Afro by Orlando Julius With The Heliocentrics

Disco Hi-life by Orlando Julius

Love, Peace & Happiness by Orlando Julius

Super Afro Soul by Orlando Julius & His Modern Aces
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Just saw this a few minutes ago.
Lived a full life with some great
albums released. The Afro Sounders
album is a mighty, mighty one too!
  • Quote
Hermann Nitsch
  • Quote
Liedzeit wrote:
Just read that Bobby Rydell has left this planet. Funny, one of the familiar names of Pop history but I just went thru his hits and the only song that I really knew was Jingle Bell Rock.


Sad that Bobby Rydell ended up being most famous for the high school in Grease being named after him. He deserved better.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Still amazed that about 10 years ago, Rydell had a successful kidney and liver transplant - of which the liver he shared 25% of with a 4-yr old girl.
I remember Rydell mostly thru Volare.
  • Quote
My friend Cynthia...

Cynthia โ€œPlaster Casterโ€ Albritton

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 636465 ... 878889  Next
Page 64 of 89


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Tips for those listening to new music RoundTheBend Music
" I always get those two mixed u... bobbyb5 Music
Those new bands today eh? videoheadcleaner Music
For those who are unsatisfied with a ... JMan Music
For those over 40... Captain_Dude Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.