2024 Album Listening Club

Goto page Previous  12345678910  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
New Idles is the week 7 pick.
  • Quote
MrIrrelevant wrote:
New Idles is the week 7 pick.


Great choice! It rips!!!


Tangk by Idles



I'd also recommend in 2nd place...


Where We've Been, Where We Go From Here by Friko
  • Quote
The contenders for my AOTW for Feb 23rd! Will try to narrow it down to a winner by Thursday night?

1. Real Estate - Daniel
2. Mary Timony - Untame The Tiger
3. Laetitia Sadier (of Stereolab fame) - Rooting For Love

Anything else I should be checking out?
  • Quote
Repo wrote:
The contenders for my AOTW for Feb 23rd! Will try to narrow it down to a winner by Thursday night?

1. Real Estate - Daniel
2. Mary Timony - Untame The Tiger
3. Laetitia Sadier (of Stereolab fame) - Rooting For Love

Anything else I should be checking out?


Fire!, Testament
Bardo Pond, Volume 9
Apollo Ghosts, Amethyst
Aidan Baker, Everything Is Like Always Until It Is Not
MGMT, Loss of Life
Nadine Shah, Filthy Underneath
Reid/Edwards/Coudoux
Kim Myhr & Kitchen Orchestra, Hereafter
New EP by Sun Kil Moon

I haven't checked any of those yet, but I will. Maybe. Two or three. Plus Sadier and maybe Real Estate. And some rap (Fahim for sure). Plus... oh forget it.

Caught up with last week today, thought the Grandaddy was slightly above average and didn't quite like the Idles.

But Fred Frith's Fifty is very good, I'd recommend that.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:

Fire!, Testament
Bardo Pond, Volume 9
Apollo Ghosts, Amethyst
Aidan Baker, Everything Is Like Always Until It Is Not
MGMT, Loss of Life
Nadine Shah, Filthy Underneath
Reid/Edwards/Coudoux
Kim Myhr & Kitchen Orchestra, Hereafter
New EP by Sun Kil Moon


Good list - not sure on the MGMT yet and want to see what Sun Kil Moon did (even if it's an EP). Will throw up the Real Estate record as the week 8 pick.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Repo wrote:
The contenders for my AOTW for Feb 23rd! Will try to narrow it down to a winner by Thursday night?

1. Real Estate - Daniel
2. Mary Timony - Untame The Tiger
3. Laetitia Sadier (of Stereolab fame) - Rooting For Love

Anything else I should be checking out?


Fire!, Testament




Testament by Fire!

Imagine if Morphine were a bit more free jazz & avant-garde. Now imagine THAT Morphine recording with Steve Albini. Highly recommended!
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Repo wrote:
The contenders for my AOTW for Feb 23rd! Will try to narrow it down to a winner by Thursday night?

1. Real Estate - Daniel
2. Mary Timony - Untame The Tiger
3. Laetitia Sadier (of Stereolab fame) - Rooting For Love

Anything else I should be checking out?


Fire!, Testament
Bardo Pond, Volume 9
Apollo Ghosts, Amethyst
Aidan Baker, Everything Is Like Always Until It Is Not
MGMT, Loss of Life
Nadine Shah, Filthy Underneath
Reid/Edwards/Coudoux
Kim Myhr & Kitchen Orchestra, Hereafter
New EP by Sun Kil Moon

I haven't checked any of those yet, but I will. Maybe. Two or three. Plus Sadier and maybe Real Estate. And some rap (Fahim for sure). Plus... oh forget it.

Caught up with last week today, thought the Grandaddy was slightly above average and didn't quite like the Idles.

But Fred Frith's Fifty is very good, I'd recommend that.


Give us some feedback as u take these albums in! I'm trying to figure out what to listen to next. That Real Estate album is definitely the best of the three I listed although all three are worth a spin.
  • Quote
Easy, easy pick for me this week ....


Focus On Nature by The Bevis Frond

I'll try to post my AOTWs for Jan & Feb pretty soon. Would love to see others picks so far as well!
  • Quote
ok. I'm listening to the new singles from Judas Priest's upcoming album, AND I'm just blown away. Between these and...


Hell, Fire & Damnation by Saxon

... NWOBHM is having a moment!

If you're an old school metalhead, I HIGHLY Recommend both!

Speaking of which, has anyone had the chance to check out the new Bruce Dickinson solo album?!
  • Quote
Repo wrote:
Easy, easy pick for me this week ....


Focus On Nature by The Bevis Frond

I'll try to post my AOTWs for Jan & Feb pretty soon. Would love to see others picks so far as well!


My February top albums were slim:

1. Testament by Fire
2. What Do We Do Now - J Mascis
3. Loss of Life - MGMT
4. Tangk - Idles
5. Daniel - Real Estate

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345678910  Next
Page 4 of 10


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
2025 album listening club albummaster Music
2013 album listening club GeevyDallas Music
2014 album listening club 19loveless91 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.