[
I’m not sure about Carnival ever being released but I’ve heard it for sure and as far as I know can be heard, and if that’s still the case, I’ll likely “cheat” and despite it being unofficial will probably rate and add it too (unless maybe if it sounds too incomplete, more so than I remember…)
Based on this, I think you must have heard an imposter...
[
I’m not sure about Carnival ever being released but I’ve heard it for sure and as far as I know can be heard, and if that’s still the case, I’ll likely “cheat” and despite it being unofficial will probably rate and add it too (unless maybe if it sounds too incomplete, more so than I remember…)
Based on this, I think you must have heard an imposter...
Red - Taylor Swift (2012)
1: 5.4 >>> 5.6 >>> 5.8
2: 5.1 =
3: 4.1 =
4: 5.5 >>> 5.4
5: 5.9 >>> 6.0
6: 5.0 >>> 5.3
7: 4.3 >>> 4.1 >>> 4.4
8: 5.2 >>> 4.9
9: 4.1 >>> 4.8
10: 3.9 >>> 3.5
11: 3.8 >>> 4.0
12: 4.8 >>> 5.1-5.3 >>> 5.9 >>> 6.3 >>> 6.5
13: 3.7 >>> 4.3 >>> 4.7
14: 3.2 >>> 4.0
15: 3.8 >>> 4.0
16: 4.0
Album Rating: 5.2/10 >>> 5.0/10 >>> 5.2/10 …maybe around 5.5, though it also may be too inconsistent and disparate and the choices for duets with Sheeran and Lightbody were moronic (even if the Sheeran one, surprisingly, manages to be more listenable), both upset the flow and personality of the work, and reek of a cash grab and crossover appeal as their only reason to exist and not artistic, emotional, conceptual, thematic reasons … the other problem one can’t help but ask after a few listens is: do we really need 16 tracks of this to get the point across? Does Taylor Swift really have so much to say that she is threatening the run time of Blonde On Blonde? Red probably has higher highs than Speak Now and is more “mature” and a more expansive expression of talent, stylistically and emotional content, but Speak Now is more qualitatively judicious, snappy and to the point, efficient, and doesn’t have those two duets which — again (sorry I’m a little annoyed) — serve to insult the intermittently compelling mirage that Red is actually making a more personal statement
Since you're rating the Yellow Submarine soundtrack, this is possibly the best time to revisit the film and rate it? Should be especially helpful in evaluating the second side.
Since you're rating the Yellow Submarine soundtrack, this is possibly the best time to revisit the film and rate it? Should be especially helpful in evaluating the second side.
Maybe… 🤔 Good idea regardless
Re: Swift … just now revised 1989 song ratings and album rating above ^^^ … good chance those still have some movement in them up or down as I don’t quite feel as confident rating her yet (or modern dance/electro pop in general) as much as I might with something I engage with more consistently
FWIW I upgraded her s/t debut too, but that one isn’t all that exciting because the rating is much lower (from a “lower” 4 to a “higher” 4!!! Swifties rejoice!!!) _________________ Best Classical Best Films Best Paintings
Squeeze - The Velvet Underground (1973)
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
Album Rating: 4.0/10
The Doors - The Doors (1966)
1: 7.0
2:
3: 7.0
4:
5:
6: 7.8-7.9
7:
8:
9:
10:
11: 7.8-7.9
Album Rating: 9.2/10
Strange Days - The Doors (1967)
(Note: most of the ratings are somewhat tentative, still under review…)
1: 7.0
2: 6.3
3: 6.3
4: 6.4
5: 6.4
6: 6.4
7: 6.5
8: 6.3
9: 6.3
10: 7.3
Album Rating: 7.9/10
The Stooges - The Stooges (1969)
(Still under review… tentative for now…)
1: 6.8
2: 6.5
3: 7.0
4: 6.2
5: 6.0
6: 5.8
7: 5.8
8: 5.8
Album Rating: 7.8/10 >>> 7.4/10???
Fun House - The Stooges (1970)
(Still under review… tentative for now…)
1: 6.0
2: 6.4
3: 6.8
4: 5.9
5: 7.1
6: 7.1
7: 7.1
Album Rating: 7.7/10 _________________ Best Classical Best Films Best Paintings
Last edited by AfterHours on 03/16/2025 20:41; edited 8 times in total
No Squeeze? People will think you're a "Reed purist."
Yeah, well, that should supersede being an, um, “Yule purist”? Maybe I’ll waste 33 mins of my life after convincing myself that it might be a “higher” 4 to get all psyched up about it 🧱 _________________ Best Classical Best Films Best Paintings
Yeah, well, that should supersede being an, um, “Yule purist”? Maybe I’ll waste 33 mins of my life after convincing myself that it might be a “higher” 4 to get all psyched up about it ](*,)
Friends is a good tune that would've fit well on Loaded, and Louise is a decent While My Guitar Gently Weeps ripoff. The rest...I don't remember very well, and I'm not sure revisiting would help.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum