Album of the day (#5314): Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1986.
Country:
Overall rank: 886
Average rating: 69/100 (from 506 votes).



Tracks:
1. Let It Rock
2. You Give Love A Bad Name
3. Livin' On A Prayer
4. Social Disease
5. Wanted Dead Or Alive
6. Raise Your Hands
7. Without Love
8. I'd Die For You
9. Never Say Goodbye
10. Wild In The Streets

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
We truly are on a dry run, lads.
  • Quote
I own this. Do I play it? No. why not?

I'm not sure where this fits into my listening habits. It's an OK album but it's not heavy enough to sit with the Sabb or even GNR. Musically, it's not in the same class as say, Fleetwood Mac or Dire Straits.

It's not Michael Jackson or Prince level pop.

Hugely successful album and band but I don't get the appeal.
  • Quote
Sorry if there's not been any standouts recently, these are all selected randomly (within documented constraints). (EDIT: post crossed over with Johnnyo)

Last edited by albummaster on 07/08/2025 10:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Remember purchasing this on cassette when it came out ๐Ÿซข
  • Quote
albummaster wrote:
Sorry if there's not been any standouts recently, these are all selected randomly (within documented constraints). (EDIT: post crossed over with Johnnyo)


Thatโ€™s understood! Itโ€™s personal taste anyway of course ๐Ÿ˜

My challenge this year is to listen to all the album of the days (minus some predetermined artist vetos) and I see a lot of exciteable runs (such as last weekโ€™s Atom Heart Mother - The Good Son) and then I am due a bit of a slog.

I had previously heard Slippery When Wet when listening to the top 20 albums of each year according to the site, this was back in 2020.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
ADP #8 These Days by Bon Jovi Daydreamer Music
[ Poll ] 2025 BST Rd3: Evan Fong v Wet Leg cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLSD2025BSTRD2: Wet Leg v Lorde cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.