Just finished Little Richard's album, since I figured it would be the shortest one (with each song 2-3 minutes, I think that assumption will remain correct :D)
Not my cup of tea. I can appreciate the foundation this laid for future rock and roll, but overall nothing special. His voice, at best tolerable, at worst grating, is not his strongest point. Overall, I give it a 70. Best tracks were Tutti Frutti (the only one I knew before), True Fine Mama, and Jenny, Jenny.
Next up I think it will be Randy Newman, since I'm vaguely familiar with him thanks to his film work, and then perhaps Faust, since I remember it was nominated in the non-US/UK album tourney a while back. Soundgarden, and then Japan, will happen if/when I have time this weekend (along with Nightwish, which I still have to listen to from last week).
Not that bad, really, but not profound. I think he's a great lyricist, and I would appreciate them more if I could stop focusing on his somewhat annoying voice. I think it's just cuz he's young here, because in his more recent work for films I quite like how his voice has aged.
Best track is You Can Leave Your Hat On, for sure. It's not as mellow as the other tracks, ergo not as boring. ๐ Memo to my Son and Lonely at the Top were also good. The rest of the album was decent, and I could see it as something I would play in the background at a party for ambience, but not something I would devote a lot of time listening to over and over.
For me, this is an example of an album that is technically, musically, and lyrically quite good... but I just don't connect with it. I can appreciate it, but I won't be rushing out to buy the album any time soon.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum