Your Rating Tier System

Goto page Previous  12345
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
harkan wrote:
Mine is usually determined on iTunes song ratings. Then I add up the stars and divide by track number

eg. David Bowie - Station To Station

5 times 5 Star
1 times 4 Star
= 29 divded by 6 (track number)
= 4.875

This album is then rated 97.5%; rounded to 100%

I keep a spreadsheet of the ratings and my top 50 is determined by the highest 50 calculations done as above. I try to keep only 100% albums up there but only 42 albums are at 100% at the moment. I regularly re-rate tracks and therefore albums.


This has changed slightly. I still do the add star ratings then divide track numbers. However add to that:

Physicality: Do I own it or not?
Ranking
1 - Physically own
II - Digitally own
III - Used to own physically
IV - Downloaded

Par: Just like golf, only music related.
eg. 0 means all five-star tracks, hence a par score.
2 means two away from "par"

Soundtracks, live albums and mini-albums accrue a +1 to their par score. Thinking whether to discount interludes and segue tracks...

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345
Page 5 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Concern over the rating system here, ... antihero36 Music
Rating System concern meruizh Suggestions
Looking for ideas for rating tracks i... JoshN125 Music
Do you have a system for ranking your... linusishungry Music
What is your rating curve? Pavement415 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.