How far they have fallen

Goto page Previous  1234
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
kidamnesiac wrote:
yeah, i havent listened to the last 2 incubus albums yet


Well you aren't missing much. Obviously you have to listen to decide for yourself but the last two albums are pretty terrible. Plus judging by your taste I think it's a safe bet you won't enjoy either album. Light Grenades at least has a few good tracks though. They'll never come close to Make Yourself, Morning View, or Science again by the looks of it.
  • Quote
Not due to their last album, but certainly the last I bought since it was enough to turn me off of them: Smashing Pumpkins. Zeitgeist was simply horrid.
_________________
<(: @ :)>
  • Quote
Mind Movie wrote:
If you count The Dukes of Stratosphear, I agree (I usually note them as being two different bands, despite the fact that it's the same members). But the chamber pop like music that XTC made to follow up Skylarking doesn't do anything for me.


Wasn't Skylarking "chamber pop like"?
  • Quote
I agree with ^
_________________
In an interstellar burst.... I am back to save the universe
  • Quote
Weezer is definitely top of the pile for me. Their 1st and Pinkerton are all-time classics, and i really love the Green album, thought Maladroit was even better, but unfortunately I then bought 'Make Believe' which was a horrendous turd of an album. I haven't bothered with any of their other albums since, and from what I've heard they've got progressively worst with each one!
Another big disappoint for me was the Pumpkins 'Zeitgeist'. I was genuinely excited about this album - a new pumpkins album with the 2 members that could actually play! but aside from 2 or 3 songs, it was a major snore-fest and the layering of Billy's vocals were annoying bordering on unlistenable. Although he did redeem himself a little with Teargarden By Kaleidyscope, it's not exactly the pumpkins with only 1 original member remaining (when did SP become the new GnR?) Hopefully their release this year, which Billy has already declared 'one of the best SP albums' will prove me wrong.....fingers crossed!
_________________
"Bunch of opinionated, hipster twats!"

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234
Page 4 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
For those who are unsatisfied with a ... JMan Music
How have ways in discovering music ha... dihansse Music
So what do you think of 2013 so far? Guest Music
tiny mix tapes released its best-of-2... paladisiac Music
Far Out, Man! Suggestions for Psyche... Captain_Dude Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.