[CLOSED] +1500 Round 1: Light Up Gold VS Coral Fang

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which album do you prefer?
Light Up Gold:
71%
 71%  [10]
Coral Fang:
28%
 28%  [4]
Total Votes : 14

  • Quote

Light Up Gold by Parquet Courts




Link


Nominated by pearljammer13

VS


Coral Fang by The Distillers




Link


Nominated by Antonio-Pedro

Only vote if you have listened to both albums. Thank you.


Last edited by Goodsir on 07/03/2014 01:53; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
I liked Light Up Gold a lot.
  • Quote
Light Up Gold.
  • Quote
I remember buying Coral Fang when it first came out, and I still have a soft spot for it. It's just fun, snarling, catchy pop-punk, without all the infantile habits that genre all too often brings with it. That said, Light Up Gold is probably my favourite indie rock record of the past couple years - clever, just the right amount of self-aware, and full of cool little musical touches that pay homage to The Strokes, Pavement, The Minutemen in equal measure. Vote to Parquet Courts.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I remember buying Coral Fang when it first came out, and I still have a soft spot for it.


Same.

Parquet Courts actually used to share a practice space with my boys Howth. I like Light Up Gold much more than the new one.

It's really close, but I'm gonna go the sentimental route and vote Coral Fang.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
I really like Coral Fang, a solid nom from Antonio. That said, Light Up Gold truly is a highlight of the decade, so far. I'm voting for it.
  • Quote
Light Up Gold, for sure.
_________________
  • Quote
Both do absolutely nothing for me. Abstain.
  • Quote
Coral Fang is decent to fantastic Alt.Rock era pop punk that isn't afraid to wear its notable Nirvana influence on its sleeve as a badge of honor. The song quality (or maybe that was just my attention) fades on the second half, but the first half is dominated by anthemic songs that would sound great & fun on Sirius 90s Alt.Rock radio.

Parquet Courts, on the other hand, made me stand up, pay attention & salute. It's influences are clearly some of my favorite bands of all time so it's hitting all my sweet spots so we'll see if this withstands repeated listens, but the first spin was absolutely marvelous.

Light Up Gold
  • Quote
Going Light Up Gold here. Coral Fang was a decent sort of punky, very 90s alt rock album, but Light Up God is way more consistent and interesting to me. I had kind of dismissed Parquet Courts a couple years ago when I heard Stoned And Starving on an indie radio a couple times out of the context of the album. For whatever reason it didn't do as much and even though I had Light Up Gold downloaded I never really got around to it. Hearing Sunbathing Animal earlier this year totally changed my mind though and made me go back and appreciate Light Up Gold, which I now prefer. It does a really good job of continuing in the tradition of its influences while still maintaining an air of originality without worship of the past. Just good stuff.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] [CLOSED] +1500 Round 3: Light Up Gold... Goodsir Tournaments
[ Poll ] [CLOSED]+1500 Round 2: Light Up Gold ... Goodsir Tournaments
[ Poll ] [CLOSED] +1500 Round 2: Shadow Kingdo... Goodsir Tournaments
[ Poll ] [CLOSED]+1500: Round 1: There Is No O... Goodsir Tournaments
[ Poll ] [CLOSED] +1500: Round 1: 1st Day In V... Goodsir Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.