Visiter lost? Awesome, I think that means Cross Paths and Tired Sounds are the only ones left I liked. Makes voting easier at least. Actually restarted Light Up Gold to see if it grew on me, too, as (I don't remember why) I'd heard it for the sake of voting in an earlier match. Still easy though. _________________
Light Up Gold this time. I think I generally agree with Repo when he says Cross Paths is an occasionally fantastic, inconsistent twee album. Enjoy both plenty but I enjoy Light Up Gold more.
Jimmy DreadOld skool like Happy ShopperModeratorProfile 555 Dub Street
I like dem Parkay Quartz, but Cross Paths is so terribly gorgeous that if it doesn't win I'll cover myself in glitter and fluff and run down the street with a ukulele. _________________ 'Reggae' & t'ing Folk 'n Stuff SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
So I threw Light Up Gold on the car stereo as my friend was giving me a lift to the airport, and we started name checking bands Parquet Court sounded like as the album progressed. Weโd each shout out completely different bands at the exact same moment and laugh out loud as weโd immediately pick up on what each other was hearing. And yes, we may well have been pretty baked at the time! LOL. (Honestly, itโs the only way to fly.) But back to the point, Light Up Gold is a fortified stew of 70s NYC punk rock (think Television, The Voidoids, & The Heartbreakers), The Fall and early Pavement with a sprinkling of cowpunk for good measure that goes down completely fresh & nourishing.
But if it preserves whatever shred of dignity NoWax still (barely) holds onto, I'm glad that Cross Paths will prevail. ( ๐ )
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum