What are some of the best closing tracks? The last track of an album is usually the one that leaves a lasting impression, they can either make or break an album as a whole. I always look forward to the last track of an album, my favourite songs are usually the closer.
A few that come to mind for me:
505 - Favourite Worst Nightmare, Arctic Monkeys
A Day In The Life - Sgt. Peppers, The Beatles
Tea For The Tillerman - Tea For The Tillerman, Cat Stevens
Rock n Roll Suicide - Ziggy Stardust, David Bowie
Hacker - The Money Store, Death Grips
Seize The Day - Self Titled, End of Fashion
Hot Knife - The Idler Wheel..., Fiona Apple
BaBopByeYa - The Archandroid, Janelle Monae
The Repudiated Immortals - The Sunlandic Twins, of Montreal
NYC-25 - Dusk At Cubist Castle, The Olivia Tremor Control
Eclipse - Dark Side of The Moon, Pink Floyd
In The Laps of The Gods... Revisited - Sheer Heart Attack, Queen
I Think I Lost My Headache - Rated R, Queens of The Stone Age
La Villa Strangiato - Hemispheres, Rush
Spinning In Daffodils - Self Titled, Them Crooked Vultures
I Think Ur A Contra - Contra, Vampire Weekend
That was a few more than I thought I would list, but these are just my personal favourites. I love a good closer, please tell me your favourites!
We've been discussed this before several times ๐
505 and A Day in the Life are also amongst my favourite choices.
Here are some of other favourites of mine:
Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles (Revolver)
Decades - Joy Division (Closer)
Looking Glass - The La's (self-titled)
Vapour Trail - Ride (Nowhere)
I Am the Resurrection - The Stone Roses (self-titled)
You Set the Scene - Love (Forever Changes)
Supper's Ready - Genesis (ok it is almost an entire side of an album but it's still a closing track) (Foxtrot)
Echoes - Pink Floyd (same here) (Meddle)
Brain Damage/Eclipse - Pink Floyd (The Dark Side of the Moon)
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel (So)
Biko - Peter Gabriel (Peter Gabriel III)
The Kick Inside - Kate Bush (The Kick Inside)
The End - The Doors (self-titled)
Time of the Season - The Zombies (Odessey & Oracle)
Yuko and Hiro - Blur (The Great Escape)
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who (Who's Next)
Soon - My Bloody Valentine (Loveless)
Caroline, No - The Beach Boys (Pet Sounds)
The Kids Don't Stand a Chance - Vampire Weekend (self-titled)
Om - The Moody Blues (In Search of the Lost Chord)
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly (In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida)
HiiPower - Section.80, Kendrick Lamar
Rhimestone Cowboy, Madvilliany, Madvillian
Outro - Hurry Up We're Dreaming, M83
Who Will Survive In America - MBDTF, Kanye West
Last Call - The College Dropout, Kanye West
Big Brother - Graduation, Kanye West
Suspect - 1999, Joey Badass
Won't Do - The Shining, J Dilla
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth - Liquid Swords, GZA
Pinata - Pinata, Freddie Gibbs & MadLib (I don't like that Mac Miller is the last one to rap though)
It's Your World - Be, Common (The kids talking about what they want to be is adorable!)
III. life: the biggest troll [andrew auernheimer]
Twice Inna Lifetime - Black Star, Black Star
I know it's mainly rap, but I'll probably make another post later. _________________
Just off my chart. Obviously I love the closing tracks of all albums on my chart, so I'm restricting this to closing tracks that I would consider to be in the top 2 or 3 on their respective albums:
From the Morning - Nick Drake (Pink Moon)
Raver - Burial (Untrue)
Judy and the Dream of Horses - Belle & Sebastian (If You're Feeling Sinister)
Veteran's Day Poppy - Captain Beefheart (Trout Mask Replica)
Untrustable/Part 2 (About Someone Else) - Built to Spill (Perfect from Now On)
Desolation Row - Bob Dylan (Highway 61 Revisited)
Gouge Away - Pixies (Doolittle)
You Set the Scene - Love (Forever Changes)
Buggin' - The Flaming Lips (The Soft Bulletin)
The Flames of the End - At the Gates (Slaughter of the Soul)
Broken Chairs - Built to Spill (Keep It like a Secret)
Walk on Guilded Splinters - Dr. John (Gris-Gris)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum