Album of the day (#1609): Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2002.
Country:
Overall rank: 82
Average rating: 84/100 (from 800 votes).



Tracks:
1. Fight Test
2. One More Robot/Sympathy 3000-21
3. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt.1
4. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt.2
5. In The Morning Of The Magicians
6. Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell
7. Are You A Hypnotist??
8. It's Summertime
9. Do You Realize??
10. All We Have Is Now
11. Approaching Pavonis Mons By Balloon (Utopia Planitia)

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
I adore Yoshimi. It serves as the perfect follow up to The Soft Bulletin. My third favourite from them.
_________________
  • Quote
My favourite of theirs and an album I adore immensely, it's the first one I ever got my hands on and I guess that's part of the reasoning it held up so well for me compared to 'The Soft Bulletin' for example, never tire of it.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Seeing as this is in my top ten overall, one could say I'm a fan.

Track picks
1. Fight Test
2. One More Robot/Sympathy 3000-21
5. In The Morning Of The Magicians
9. Do You Realize??
10. All We Have Is Now
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
When I first made my overall chart, this was in like the 13th spot or something. It's currently in the 51st place.
My enjoyment with this album definitely shrunk a lot in a short amount of time, although I still think it's a very good album, especially the first half.
  • Quote
So far I've purchased/listened to four albums by The Flaming Lips. The Soft Bulletin was my favorite for the longest time, but I recently warmed up to this one enough to place it above the former on my charts (though before I limited my list to one album per artist there were only about ten spots between them). I'd say Holden's track picks are pretty spot on although I'd probably put in "Yoshimi... Part 1" in there somewhere.
  • Quote
Don't like this one. Had hard time with The Flaming Lips in the past although there some albums I like
  • Quote
Great album, definite top five for 2002. I just picked it up on vinyl the other day.

My top 3 tracks are Fight Test, Yoshimi Part I, and Do you Realize??
_________________
Overall - The 2010's - 2020
  • Quote
very nice album, but clouds taste metallic is their best....
  • Quote
My favorite from them, so yeee I love this! It's in my top 200.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Album of the day (#383): Yoshimi Batt... BestEverAlbums Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED-BNMAT- Donuts def Yoshimi Batt... Saoirse Tournaments
[ Poll ] FMT - R1: Agnetha Fรคltskog def. Yosh... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.