Forum notifications

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I've seen this used on other forums, and I have no idea why I haven't suggested this before.

The way this works is almost like private messages. When someone does a notable action involving you, a notification will pop up somewhere in the user CP, saying "x quoted your post" or something like that.

With this, I think a "mention user" system would be beneficial. Something like you could tag a user in a post using @user.

I say this because a lot of times I quote someone/they quote me, with a nice reply, or I mention someone and it's buried and not replied to because there's not a notification system and nobody wants to check every new post in case they've been mentioned somewhere.

Anyway, I understand this could be very hard to implement, and it's not vital. Just something that'd be really great to have here.
_________________
  • Quote
SuedeSwede wrote:
I've seen this used on other forums, and I have no idea why I haven't suggested this before.

The way this works is almost like private messages. When someone does a notable action involving you, a notification will pop up somewhere in the user CP, saying "x quoted your post" or something like that.

With this, I think a "mention user" system would be beneficial. Something like you could tag a user in a post using @user.

I say this because a lot of times I quote someone/they quote me, with a nice reply, or I mention someone and it's buried and not replied to because there's not a notification system and nobody wants to check every new post in case they've been mentioned somewhere.

Anyway, I understand this could be very hard to implement, and it's not vital. Just something that'd be really great to have here.


User tagging is a new feature on the forum I'm on, it could be really useful.
  • Quote
Definitely a good idea, especially in terms of quoting someone else.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
I'm I'm support of this, about once every week or two I search "WindowAbove" in the forum search to see if people have quoted or mentioned me but this would definitely be a good feature.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
Email Notifications? Romanelli Suggestions
No email notifications Purplepash Suggestions
Forum for requesting moderator's help Listmeister Suggestions
BEA Forum Regulars' Favourite Albums ... HigherThanTheSun Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.